Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an '85 cavalier.

I'd like to say it was a chick magnet, but all I got was married.........

$ 9518 new. top of the line.

I had an '85 cavalier.

I'd like to say it was a chick magnet, but all I got was married.........

$ 9518 new. top of the line.

I went terrace jumpin in a cavalier. We knew it wouldn't hold together past 60 So we wouldn't get too hurt. :rock: Best fun $200 bucks could buy.

Went to an auction yesterday to buy some John Deere parts lawn tractors. They had around 15 small Stihl and Husky parts saws that I was going to check out but they sold them while I was loading. I guess $3 apiece was probably too much to pay anyway :cry:

I did buy a bunch of Snap-On tools for less than Harbor Freight prices though. :msp_rolleyes:

To give you an example of how big it was, they had 350 lawn tractors, 80 push mowers, and around 200 trimmers. :msp_w00t:

Don't you hate it when you miss a bargain. :greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::cry:

A couple pics of our latest venture...

Scored a good deal on a used little bandsaw mill (with trailer package), nothing special but with some mods the central machinery 21" bandmill works pretty darn good.

Darick with the mill
attachment.php

A little cedar
attachment.php

Some pine Beams for our latest project -The Fantasy Tree House-
attachment.php

The Framing Begins
attachment.php

Always wanted to learn timber framing so I can build me a house. Man it sure is challenging, but it is a blast! More pics to come. We have a hollowed out 32"sycamore for the entry. We carved out an opening for the door and there will be a ladder going up into the floor of the house. It will have a covered 3x9 deck with cedar railing and an airplane tail sticking out of the roof(like it crashed)with the support posts under the deck carved into airplane propellers, and miscl. carvings throughout! It will be a unique piece.

Sketch of frame
attachment.php

Yeah like you said, sometimes those headliners are a real pain to get in and out without removing the seats. And what I'm really looking for is the hard foam backing, the used headliner cloth has very little value to me. My headliner foam backing started to dry rot really bad and it was just breaking apart in pieces. I had to cut it out, now all I have is a metal roof inside.

Steve if you could find one I'd SO appreciate it buddy. I talked to a guy in Pittsburgh who professionally restores interior, and all he needs is a headliner panel in "okay shape or better". When I have my hands on a panel I'm gonna take a road trip to this dude's shop and have the the whole thing redone (Pittsburgh is pretty far away - a little over 4 hrs - but it's the closest place to me that actually does interior auto work). I'd more than likey bite the bullet on having ya ship it (provided you can get yer hands on one). And to be more specific, my Cavalier has a sunroof - I'm gonna call the guy I spoke with at the interior shop and see if he'd rather have one with a sunroof hole cut in it or not - I'm guessing he won't mind either way but I'll check just to be sure.

Believe it or not, the thought of having a new headliner panel and newly done headliner installed in this car is terribly exciting, lol. Steve if you can help me buddy I'll be greatly in your debt. :bowdown:

--
Edit: I'm pretty sure when I cut my old headliner out, the panel/foam backing went down the insides of the B pilars. If it's too big of a chore, feel free to tell me to find one on my own. I don't want ya to feel ya hafta get caught up in a frustrating project for some goofball up north and his 92 Cavalier! ;)

I'll start looking. That's a very nice looking Z-24. :rock: I see why you want to take the time to make it right.

Has Stumpy come back on grid yet? If anybody talks to him...I'm needing some stuff pretty bad and would like to give him first shot at some work. He can PM. me if he doesn't want to show up on here or he has my #.

Hedgerow- man if ya hear from him, please let him know I would like his assistance.

Thanks guys!

Any of you know of any big junk yards down yer way....?? I'm looking for a roof/headliner for a 91-94 Cavalier (coupe). I've called a lot of places around here (along with other states in the Northeast) and not one junkyard has a parts Cavalier, anywhere. Cars rot out so bad up in this region with the salt - one junk yard here in NY told me the oldest vehicle they had there was an '02 Mailbu. That's NY for ya. :dizzy:

I know you posted pics but I just want to confirm that you are going to all of this work for a Cavalier, not a Corvette? :msp_scared:

I know you posted pics but I just want to confirm that you are going to all of this work for a Cavalier, not a Corvette? :msp_scared:

I get a lot of **** many friends of mine about the fact that my summer car is a Cavalier - it ain't the first time I've heard that!! ;) :D

Truth is, I bought my first car in 98, it was a 93 Cavalier RS with the 2.2 liter 4 cyl. It was the same teal color as the one I posted, and it was a 2 door as well - but it was in not as near as good of shape. It was just a plain jane Cavalier with black plastic bumpers, no sun roof, no body kit, no 3.1 V6, no power windows or door locks, nothing....

Both my brothers took turns driving it for a few years after I bought my brand new loaded 01 Focus at the end of 2000. To make a long story short, my younger brother crashed my 93 Cav on the 4th of July in 2005. I loved that car to death, and I swore that one day I'd replace it. I found this particular one at a "souther car dealer" here in NY in the fall of 2006 (those southern car dealers are a speciality thing up here, rare as hell to see so many older vehicles with not a speck of rust on them). They were asking $4500, I offered them $4000 and they accepted my offer. I've had this car for nearly 6 years and I love it to death. Kinda weird that it's a Cavalier, but I'm kinda weird too, so it fits. :msp_biggrin:

I'd definitely prefer it over a Corvette of that vintage.

Jason, what color is the headliner? I'll have our parts department check their nationwide database to see if there might happen to be a new one laying around. Sometimes some discontinued parts can be had for pennies on the dollar.

We got a taste of what prolonged salt exposure can do to a vehicle. One of our local hospitals has a pickup that carries a salt spreader in the winter. It came in because the brake and fuel lines were oozing brake fluid and diesel fuel in several places. We had to take off the cab and bed and bend new brake and fuel lines for it.

Last edited:
Back