Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a nice elm tree to cut up tomorrow. I need a 42inch b&c though:msp_unsure: my 28inch set up isn't enough. Its about a 50inch tree. It already did the easy work by falling and tearing down the power lines

That one might be over 6 cubes. Idk what direction to go with it yet. I'll let ya know when I get started.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

I'm so lazy, I didn't put the 48 inch bar on the shinny. I left it on the 3120, and it started even with my old crippled self.

And it ran. And it cut. And not too bad..... :)

I can't remember what the diagnosis was at a previous GTG, but it cut ok,

The tree was about 8 inches wider than the bar at about 4 feet. I primed the cuts with the 346, should have seen the looks on their faces...... Then I pulled out the 3120. Then it was a different look. I dropped the 30 foot stem with a couple wedges helping it away from the shed. Then I had to cut up the stem (another freebie.....) I got to use PDQs wedge trick to avoid a pinched bar.

Another set of looks...... all in all ok...

Got all done and then they told me who it was for. Not my favorite person...

ok

Tarry on.

Finished milling the hickory log into slabs...
I think Jason is right... Running a saw on a mill is just cruel and unusual punishment...
But they're cool...
And big...:rock:

If I remember right that hickory log was full of knots. I bet that it was cruel and unusual punishment to you and the saw. What saw did you end up using?

I've been doing all the milling with the 9010... It's got an Exxon oiler on it... The mill uses all of the 36" bar - oversized felling dawgs...

True, but I still like the loose is fast. :msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

I think I dated her once years ago...:D I did have a moment of sadness the other day. I spent a good 20-30 minutes filing a nice edge on one of the 28" chains for the Stumpbroke so I could take out a nice White Oak. Didn't need that big of the bar, hell the 261 could have done it, but I wanted to play with the 372. After not running the saw for quite 10 minutes taking out smaller brush, I went to drop the Oak and discovered that I had missed seeing a come-a-long wire growing both horizontally and vertically in the base. I matched the chain's cut to the horizontal section of the wire perfectly and attempted to noodle it.:bang::angry: That was the end of that chain's cutting for the day. Oh well.

Stephen,
I hope the flood didn't hurt you driveway too badly. I apologize for not getting back sooner on the rear-end, but I've been working between 12-14hr days lately on base... Haven't had much time for anything else and barely any for the kids...:( I hope to be selling or trading that Chevy off soon, as a 2x4 4.3 5spd shortbed/reg cab doesn't help me much.

Has anyone heard from Stump lately? Last I spoke with him, I sensed that it was kind of like a duck on a pond, but he never made any mention of anything specific... Hello to everyone else, I see we have a few people in here that I'm not familiar with, which is a good indicator of positive growth!

hi all

got a little poopy news.... got a yucky saw injury on tuesday... but it was from a TABLE SAW. had a part kick out and break my middle finger on my left hand my pusher stick flipped over and put my hand in the blade. my middle finger looked like a half eaten chicken leg. a surgon sowed what was left up, but i go in tomorrow and see if i keep the finger or if i get more surgery, or ? i was working with rough wood so i had welding gloves on, saved the rest of my fingers :)

got a little poopy news.... got a yucky saw injury on tuesday... but it was from a TABLE SAW. had a part kick out and break my middle finger on my left hand my pusher stick flipped over and put my hand in the blade. my middle finger looked like a half eaten chicken leg. a surgon sowed what was left up, but i go in tomorrow and see if i keep the finger or if i get more surgery, or ? i was working with rough wood so i had welding gloves on, saved the rest of my fingers :)

Yeesh...
Table saws and fingers...
Bad combo!!!

ya hope next week i can get light duty work , looking forward to next gtg to see everyone :msp_smile:
i had a safe chainsaw season :msp_smile:

Yeesh...
Table saws and fingers...
Bad combo!!!

All the more reason Shalie is banned from ALL of my powered saws... She's fond of doing painful things with table and chop saws... Of course I still have a scar on a finger courtesy of some less than attentive bandsawing from when I was 9...

Cobey,
I hope that they can save your finger. Of all of the saws I've ever used, the table saw makes me the most nervous... Especially cheaper "contractor" models.

Well, I think I've gotten Dad talked into a 562xp... We may have to make arrangements to come visit Sunfish and see if we can't bribe him into letting us take a test drive!

I think I dated her once years ago...:D I did have a moment of sadness the other day. I spent a good 20-30 minutes filing a nice edge on one of the 28" chains for the Stumpbroke so I could take out a nice White Oak. Didn't need that big of the bar, hell the 261 could have done it, but I wanted to play with the 372. After not running the saw for quite 10 minutes taking out smaller brush, I went to drop the Oak and discovered that I had missed seeing a come-a-long wire growing both horizontally and vertically in the base. I matched the chain's cut to the horizontal section of the wire perfectly and attempted to noodle it.:bang::angry: That was the end of that chain's cutting for the day. Oh well.

Stephen,
I hope the flood didn't hurt you driveway too badly. I apologize for not getting back sooner on the rear-end, but I've been working between 12-14hr days lately on base... Haven't had much time for anything else and barely any for the kids...:( I hope to be selling or trading that Chevy off soon, as a 2x4 4.3 5spd shortbed/reg cab doesn't help

A little more practice and you might impress Dan with your iron finding abilities. :rolleyes2:

I've still got that differential. Picked up some ceramic coated JBA Performance Headers and an Airaid throttle body spacer for a 4.3L the other day. They may be for an S-10 though.

Now regardless of what you've noticed about other members, it is NOT a prerequisite to have hand damage.:msp_smile: Expecting a good report from your doctor.

thanks all, hope tomorrow to have a report, kinda dont look forward to seeing it but its another part of the healing.
at one time i was a good guitar player...thats done for now. I was always kinda liking that finger, I guess we will see whats left

Latest posts

Back