Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome Steve! Have you ever had a shoulder done? I'm getting my right one scoped on the 16th as they think that I have a tear on my lab-rum and possibly my rotator cuff. I'm curious (depending on whats wrong and what's done to fix it of course) how long it;ll be before I'm playing with saws again... I don't think that the 562 likes sitting in the barn much...

Never had any shoulder work done. Some guys at work have and did great.

A little more snow than last report.
6esapu3y.jpg

Between 8" & 9" now. Went to the store and was entertained by their snow removal crew. Watched them high center a maintainer on a 4' pile of snow. They had to use a front end loader to lift it up off of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
That's awesome Steve! Have you ever had a shoulder done? I'm getting my right one scoped on the 16th as they think that I have a tear on my lab-rum and possibly my rotator cuff. I'm curious (depending on whats wrong and what's done to fix it of course) how long it;ll be before I'm playing with saws again... I don't think that the 562 likes sitting in the barn much...

If you get the shoulder done and the doc says "Don't even move it the first 48 hours" my suggestion is DO NOT MOVE IT.

Also follow up on the physical therapy whether you have it done professionally or do it yourself at home.

Don't ask how I know these things. :mad:

dd

Physical therapy is a must if you want to maintain your range of motion! ;)

If your doctor doesn't have some thing in place by day 4 make sure you ask them. Sometimes they rely on their nurses or office staff to get it set up & it can fall through the cracks. It may hurt a lot doing it, so don't be macho, take a pain pill 30 minutes before therapy for the first week or so. If you don't, it is easy to not push yourself to the level your therapist recommends.

I have seen may folks with a lose of range of motion, especially in the elbows from not working hard in therapy. One of the most important things is to be able to straighten your arm. Be cautious of over bending the joint causing it to pop out.

Ok, I'm off my soap box. :rolleyes:

You won't hear me giving you grief about the box store saw. All I had for years was a 42 cc Craftsman. I got tired of spending $$ to have someone sharpen my chains and stumbled across this site. The next thing I knew saws were breeding in the basement.o_O

Which Husky did you get? What are the specs on the chain? I might have one or two in the basement.
a 450 husky, .050 .325 80 dl, thinking of getting a 16" bar for it.

Nice Matt! We only got about .5-1" in the flats because of the hurricane like winds... The drifts are between 0.5-2'. It was really fun driving home last night as the Boss and her friend decided that we and her boyfriend all needed to go out dancing... It was great until her friend's good time ended... Sliding to stop in the snow so someone can call dinosaurs is an interesting challenge.

Next GTG I can make, you and I are going to have to play dueling 9010's. 36" bar or more. Winner gets PIE and BACON. And stuff...
You're on!!
But a mike lee built 9010 may be hard to beat...
I'll sharpen my chain!!

FINALLY, got this old Lombard running! Had real good spark originally, so I decided to tear it down and clean everything and clean the points up. Put it back together and got a real weak spark. What the!!! Took it back down and found the wire going into the condenser was too loose, poor connection. Replaced it, put it back together, presto!!! Good runner, too. I'll have to bring it to the Charity Cut and give it a workout.

FINALLY, got this old Lombard running! Had real good spark originally, so I decided to tear it down and clean everything and clean the points up. Put it back together and got a real weak spark. What the!!! Took it back down and found the wire going into the condenser was too loose, poor connection. Replaced it, put it back together, presto!!! Good runner, too. I'll have to bring it to the Charity Cut and give it a workout.

What size Lombard we talking about? It doesn't matter really, I will trade you some run time at the Charity Cut. You can run any saw I have. I have never run any saws other than my own. I want to cut with more saws, especially the more uncommon brands. You can think about it and let me know this weekend. Won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to.

What size Lombard we talking about? It doesn't matter really, I will trade you some run time at the Charity Cut. You can run any saw I have. I have never run any saws other than my own. I want to cut with more saws, especially the more uncommon brands. You can think about it and let me know this weekend. Won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to.

I've seen what you run. Most everything else is going to have to be "retro", over 6 cubes or completely wild to catch your interest.

dd

Not sure what model it is. All the identifying marks are worn off. I was talking to Jim the other night about it and think its in the 4-4.5 cubic inch range. A red/orange body with a white recoil housing. Chrome muffler with a compression release. You all can run any of my stuff that ya want to, no worries. A lot of you have let this old fa#t run stuff and had a lot of fun doing it.

I know I have at least one chain for ya, possibly more. Did you say you might want a 16" bar for it? Might have one of those as well. I'll take a look...

dd
cool, I would like a 16" bar thanks, I think it would like a 16" bar better than the 20", i was kinda suprized how good it handled with the 20" bar

Back