Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A saw chain tie strap with two rivits pre-set. Just stick it in the holes to tie the loop together add 2nd tie strap and spin the rivits.

Just don't make the loop inside out.......................................

Saves a little time and fumbling.

Oh! I always thought those were called master links.

I have only made a couple inside out; they don't fit the rivet vise too well upside down.

That's proof positive...
Stihl's are for sellin'...
Yes they are, but I have 1 or 20 that are not for sale. I take my Husky's and J-Reds to the timber, but that's because I don't like having to clean air filters in the field. Around here most people have never heard of a Dolmar or a Makita chain saw, but everybody knows the Stihl brand.

is that the voice of experience i hear?

Just relating some I read on the chainsaw forum.

This is the first saw that I have bought in six weeks. I went on the wagon, but the price was too good to turn down.

That is hard to imagine......................................................................

The only thing that would prompt me to make my own loops would be a large supply of 7/16" with rivits & tie straps.

Darn old Remingtons. I did snag a Remy repair kit #49509 off evilbay containing a few rivits, side plates, a driver and two cutter teeth. Just in case..................someday maybe........................

Back