Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our old Rott. died last night,so today I had to dig his grave.Man it was cold,and I sure hated to lose him, he was my buddy,but he sure took a big deep hole. RIP Thore
Sorry to hear that Cookie, losing a good dog is like losing a family member.

Our old Rott. died last night,so today I had to dig his grave.Man it was cold,and I sure hated to lose him, he was my buddy,but he sure took a big deep hole. RIP Thore

I feel for you bud.

All dogs go to heaven................................................

32 deg. in the garage this a.m.. Coldest it has ever been in recient memory. Three below outside.

Going back to bed after some coffee and a cig..

A big thank you to Mo.Jim on the T-27 torx driver tip. Between my 3/16" hex wrench and the T-27 I got the cylinder off the J-Red.

Gave each screw a sharp rap using a punch and my M.F.H.. (medium freakin' hammer). Relieved pressure from the screws. Aluminum don't bounce back like steel or iron. All four broke loose no problem.

Cylinder may just clean up. Something to do on the kitchen island tomorrow.
thanks for posting that tip carl. never thought of that but makes perfect sense. too bad jim didn't post it; musta been heat stroke caused him to not

Ed's going to try and haul some logs up to Ozark on a trailer to cut up. We (seven of us) cut up a smallish trailer load this past Saturday A.M. 2saws working it, a couple running the splitter and 3 teenage slaves. Started at 8 and finished by 10. I told Ed I was off call this weekend and would be able to REALLY cut some wood. He's going to try and get bigger loads up by this Saturday.

My wife & I will be over at Vance AFB visiting my son & daughter-in-law this week end.

I finished cutting up the partial trailer load of logs this evening after work. Ended up with 6 - pallets of mostly oak piled 5' high, a half a pallet of hedge, & half a pallet of cherry. The cherry is split to 2-3" x 1.5" for smokers. Not too bad for 2 afternoons of work. The bucking trailer sure was a blessing.

It probably took as long stacking the wood on the pallets as it did to cut & split it. But now it will be a breeze to handle.

Plan on wrapping the palletized wood with big bale wrap to help it stay tight while moving it around & to keep debris from being blown into it.

I will have to wait for the ground to firm up before I can move the pallets out to the fence line to where the sun & wind can do their thing.

Ed's going to try and haul some logs up to Ozark on a trailer to cut up. We (seven of us) cut up a smallish trailer load this past Saturday A.M. 2saws working it, a couple running the splitter and 3 teenage slaves. Started at 8 and finished by 10. I told Ed I was off call this weekend and would be able to REALLY cut some wood. He's going to try and get bigger loads up by this Saturday.

The local church pastor here has a log pile to cut and split for next years emergency supply... Not sure it's big enough to call in the cavalry for though..

Thanks guys. I came home this evening and thought were is old Thore.It will take a while wife is really missing him.I think he really liked her more than me.Well most people even like her more than me.I will be cutting the stuff the power company l cut down, thia weekend,if all goes as planed.

Sure can! If there will be way to load the logs.
Always a way to load logs... :rock:

Do you need help? Are you looking to help? Or, just curious?

Just curious and was driving down the road... So I just tossed it out there to see what everyone was doing...
Something tells me I'll be welding again this weekend... And maybe opening up an 064 to see what's inside...

Always a way to load logs... :rock:

Just curious and was driving down the road... So I just tossed it out there to see what everyone was doing...
Something tells me I'll be welding again this weekend... And maybe opening up an 064 to see what's inside...

A 064 you say, Yours?

Back