Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be very careful make sure it is set deep in socket. or you can strip them.

Let me look I may have a good piston for the 670. Give me a call If you don't want to mess with it.

Shopped at Ace hardware for a 'T' handle but a set of metric is 25+. Wait till the streets are cleared of snow before I venture to Sears.

New pistons w/rings on evilbay run 30-45 USD, so that isn't any problem.

Top end kit is around the 150 mark. So it all depends on the cylinder condition.

The nose sprocket falls out and the laminated bar halves split like a loaded cigar...
Man; I'd say that bar has seen its better days.
Light Sleet here 32*F, melting and freezing on everything but the ground at the moment. Going to church in the 4wheel drive this morning. :popcorn:

Its tried to snow some here but its having a difficult time getting started. It can just not start as far as I'm concerned.

We had 2" of ice and sleet, but when I called people at church they wanted to have church :) we had church........... gonna be getting a bit of snow here in a while.
Too cold to play outside about 9 deg now

Spent twenty or thirty minutes in the garage (37 deg.) on the J-red till my fingers got numb...........................................................
It was too cold out in the shop to do much of anything and diesel heat is expensive so i rebuilt that 390 from my easy chair in the den. Wife didn't seem to mind too much, probably as long as its not a continuing thing.

A big thank you to Mo.Jim on the T-27 torx driver tip. Between my 3/16" hex wrench and the T-27 I got the cylinder off the J-Red.

Gave each screw a sharp rap using a punch and my M.F.H.. (medium freakin' hammer). Relieved pressure from the screws. Aluminum don't bounce back like steel or iron. All four broke loose no problem.

Cylinder may just clean up. Something to do on the kitchen island tomorrow.

Our old Rott. died last night,so today I had to dig his grave.Man it was cold,and I sure hated to lose him, he was my buddy,but he sure took a big deep hole. RIP Thore
so sorry you lost your friend, I too have lost several special dogs.

Latest posts

Back