Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will need to build up the walkway for the bucking trailer. It is ok to cut from but I would like to get the saw bar & dust further from my face. Since I hope to get a 70is cc saw later, maybe a 372 or 2171/2 I might as well build it to store saws & other accessories when I take it on the road. There will be 2 boxes around 7' long by 30" wide. I plan to cover them with metal to keep water out.

Finally got around to building a chainsaw vise for holding the bars while filing. It's nothing fancy but with a couple of screws or a clamp you can mount it most anywhere.

Chainsaw Vise - A.jpg

A simple $6 hold down bolted to a bent piece of 1/4" steel plate. The rubber headed bolt for the hold down was replace with a piece of 1" angle iron. To allow this piece of angle iron to pivot/rotate to match the bar, I loosely sandwiched the head of a 5/16" carriage bolt between the angle iron & a flat washer which was welded to the angle iron. The rubber pads keep the vise from pushing against the chain while protecting the bar allowing the chain to move freely while keeping the bar from sliding in the vise. The file guide is a Stihl 2n1.

Chainsaw Vise - D.jpg

Chainsaw Vise - C.jpg

The larger saws will set directly on the bench.

Chainsaw Vise - B.jpg

For the smaller saws I use a small piece of 2x6 under the power head.

got the bottom av mount fixed and a new fuel line on my 2159 Jred this evening. got the saw for $100,
then did some work on another and got my $100 back :) put a new rim, cool modded muffler, thanks Mike (homelight410),
fuel line and filter, bottom AV mount bolt, fixed the pull rope, used the forrester bar and chain off the old 5020 poulan, cleaned tons of mud out of it.
I got around $40 or so in it now.

OldCookie, I really like it. This one is for 3/8" chain. I plan to order the Pferd CS-X which is the same design but has blue handles for .404 chain so I will be able to tell them apart at a glance.

got the bottom av mount fixed and a new fuel line on my 2159 Jred this evening. got the saw for $100,
then did some work on another and got my $100 back :) put a new rim, cool modded muffler, thanks Mike (homelight410),
fuel line and filter, bottom AV mount bolt, fixed the pull rope, used the forrester bar and chain off the old 5020 poulan, cleaned tons of mud out of it.
I got around $40 or so in it now.
I think you are officially ready to take on Sawnami and his 962..

What's a fair offer for this pile plus a Mac 1-42 runner?

Gas money from Mahattan Ks to Joetown?

View attachment 337546

I figure to pick 'em up and send them along like party favors to my O,T,A,K & M friends.

Note the 'script' bar on the Mac 33(?). Oh, and the nice chain.

Carl, does the 33 have the small square air filter or the long narrow one? I've got one with the small filter that I'm looking for better left and right housings for.

better get some avgas first
Now I know Steve's 962 is king of the stock 60cc hill, but I think ole Cobey's 59cc quad port is pretty snotty, and Mikey hooked him up with a sweet M Mod for it that's proven on them 359's...
So it may be a chain race next time they meet....
3 cuts fella's... Dont stuff any of em'!!!!
:clap:

Now I know Steve's 962 is king of the stock 60cc hill, but I think ole Cobey's 59cc quad port is pretty snotty, and Mikey hooked him up with a sweet M Mod for it that's proven on them 359's...
So it may be a chain race next time they meet....
3 cuts fella's... Dont stuff any of em'!!!!
:clap:
We all know the love of the "low hanging fruit" and the beautiful power potential of a quad port! I loved my 2159 until squeak rose from the ashes ......... I'd still have it by she gave way to my 2260! Yeah, 2260 is a keeper especially after a trip north of Dike.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back