Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tempest - Neat idea but:
- I don't want to have to stand on the log lift to operate it. This slows the loading of rounds & prevents it from being used as a staging table.
- It would be hard to get larger pieces for overnight burns for those with OWBs.
- There seems to be a lot of debris generated.

I saw one where they had a secondary wedge to re-split the splits to make kindling. Lots of debris generated from that operation.

The Tempest - Neat idea but:
- I don't want to have to stand on the log lift to operate it. This slows the loading of rounds & prevents it from being used as a staging table.
- It would be hard to get larger pieces for overnight burns for those with OWBs.
- There seems to be a lot of debris generated.

I saw one where they had a secondary wedge to re-split the splits to make kindling. Lots of debris generated from that operation.
I thought about that but was thinking on smaller rounds push it through one time then push top half on the done table would have a bunch of 1/2 rounds at the end of the day.

Edit: I'm with you on the log lift.

It really requires good pieces to work right... It would just make a big mess of the stuff we normally process... Lot's of debris...
But it sure can produce the splits!! No wasted movement...

I was wondering how it would do on some of the nasty crotch pieces we done Saturday, I don't mind all those really small slivers it was making good for starting fires.

That would have worked with 8" or smaller rounds but it would take someone to sort them out. With the 21" high wedge on my splitter, I stack ones that size when possible & split 2 at time.

It seems they were kind of pricey but I can't remember how much.

That would have worked with 8" or smaller rounds but it would take someone to sort them out. With the 21" high wedge on my splitter, I stack ones that size when possible & split 2 at time.

It seems they were kind of pricey but I can't remember how much.

The video said $9000.00

Well Work Saw, give it a try, see if you can get one to demo. It would be good PR & exposure for the company. According to their web site they are located in Stacy, Mn. No dealers yet but they are looking for dealers. Interested? :popcorn:

It could great advertizing for them to have float around to the various GTGs this summer.

Matt and others what do you think of this one?

I like the double action of the ram, it puts out a good quantity of splits. But, I agree, there is a fair amount of stuff that is too small. The hardest part to take is the price. $9000 ? Yikes. Mine isn't the best or fanciest, but it gets the job done, and it only cost me some saws in trade.

Latest posts

Back