Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have Faribanks-Morse magic finger sarters for breakfast. Thrre or four.

What you don't want to do is start reefing on the rewind spring on the really old ones. The steel is hight carbon and notch sensitive. Just a little rust and extra friction and they will break in many sections. The Strunk I sent to Iowa and the acient Lombard exhibited that trait. I told the 'kid' not to pull on 'em but he did anyway.

Worked on Bumble Bee's power windows yesterday and this evening. Guy before me said the drivers window didn't work, so he just disconnected the motor off of it and laid it in the bottom of the door and just pulled the window up and down when he needed it. Passenger would go down OK, but struggled to go up. Pulled the drivers motor out and took it apart. Well, no wonder it wouldn't work! The magnets came out with the armature. Originally they were glued to the case and the glue just gave out. Cleaned the motor case inside and out, reglued the magnets back into position (gorrilla glue) and let it set. After the glue set up real good I put everything back together and PRESTO, nothing. :eek:

Oh,
Forgot to plug the motor up. :rolleyes: Then it worked great. Lubed up the slide points on the passenger side and works great, too. Slowly but surely, the Bee is coming along. :rock:

Haven't posted in awhile. I hope everybody is well. I just got back from vacation in Gulf Shores, AL. We had a blast. Some of you know my son Sam. We went on a fishing trip one day and he caught the biggest fish of the day. We were catching Spanish & King Mackerel. Here he is with his fish---Like a Boss:

Sam's fish.JPG

ta2y6uru.jpg

yga7ejyt.jpg

The last one that I picked up, I started to clean it up real good but ended up getting a little carried away. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back