Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miss Lori (celebrations by Lori) of pittsburg Ks, did a good job on this :) stihl gave permission to make it
they just wanted a picture of it ....... :) thanks for posting Matt :) :) :)
the chips were gram cracker crumbs... my buddy Justin (pegleg) on here, married his sweet heart today
i did the ceremonie..... all the groomsmen were stihl heads :)

miss Lori (celebrations by Lori) of pittsburg Ks, did a good job on this :) stihl gave permission to make it
they just wanted a picture of it ....... :) thanks for posting Matt :) :) :)
the chips were gram cracker crumbs... my buddy Justin (pegleg) on here, married his sweet heart today
i did the ceremonie..... all the groomsmen were stihl heads :)
Congrats to pegleg Sounds like a cool ceremony. Love that cake.

Went and checked out a cut site 2 weeks ago to see what it would take to get tree tops cut into firewood. Pretty rough terrain to get anything conventionally. Sometimes I wish I had a tractor. Would make getting more stuff so much easier. Land owner asked to do it on shares, he gets 1\3 of the wood cut. He heats with wood but has COPD bad. Can no longer do things like getting wood anymore. Had to sell off a lot of things to pay Dr. bills, including his chainsaw. Really difficult to tell people you can't get their wood when you don't have equipment to move it out of the woods with. But he does have 3 trees easy to get to. Went down this morning with 4 other local volunteers and cut up 1 of the trees and gave all of it to him. About 5 loads worth to his house with some more split and ready to be picked up. Really nice man, I could sit and listen to him talk for hours. At least he will stay warm for a while. Then I'll go back down and cut him some more. Should be enough there to last him the winter.

Went and checked out a cut site 2 weeks ago to see what it would take to get tree tops cut into firewood. Pretty rough terrain to get anything conventionally. Sometimes I wish I had a tractor. Would make getting more stuff so much easier. Land owner asked to do it on shares, he gets 1\3 of the wood cut. He heats with wood but has COPD bad. Can no longer do things like getting wood anymore. Had to sell off a lot of things to pay Dr. bills, including his chainsaw. Really difficult to tell people you can't get their wood when you don't have equipment to move it out of the woods with. But he does have 3 trees easy to get to. Went down this morning with 4 other local volunteers and cut up 1 of the trees and gave all of it to him. About 5 loads worth to his house with some more split and ready to be picked up. Really nice man, I could sit and listen to him talk for hours. At least he will stay warm for a while. Then I'll go back down and cut him some more. Should be enough there to last him the winter.
that is a cool deal... sounds like a good guy to help!!!

Had to show the boys how to make a candle tonight

ea592cf8ed4e87bffd450cf8eef9aeb5.jpg

Malia keeps throwing shavings from the planer in it effectively turning it into a roman candle. Dozer the chainsaw dog digs those shavings though!
0ec307c9aadbf7be5a2069c462596dd6.jpg

I have a wood lot in town where I split, stack, and store my wood. Next door is a lawn care business. They do sprinkler systems, landscaping, the whole shebang. There is a big shop, which the owner lives in. He buys wood from me. The other day I pulled in with a load of oak, large pieces. He saw me and asked if I needed some help unloading. I said sure. I thought he was going to donate some manual labor. A couple minutes later he came over with a mini-excavator with a thumb. I didn't lift a single piece; just moved a piece every now and then so he could grab it easier. Heavy equipment is not overrated but it is expensive. Carry on...

Just how rough we talkin here??
I know one of us needs an excavator with a thumb on it...

Latest posts

Back