Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning all, shaping up to be a nice day here and for the next few days also. Tip for the day, make sure you have water in the coffee pot when turn it on. Otherwise your in for a long wait, ah the golden years.

Morning all, shaping up to be a nice day here and for the next few days also. Tip for the day, make sure you have water in the coffee pot when turn it on. Otherwise your in for a long wait, ah the golden years.

Ah, yes, CRS. I resemble that.....................................................................

It's at just under .040" I ran it all this weekend. Ran about three tanks through it. Feels pretty good to me. It's up to 140 psi from 125. I'd guess two more tanks it'll be at 150 at that rate, lol.
The 026 came with 2 different base gaskets.. One was 1mm, and the other was .5mm..
Get the .5mm gasket for it and see if that don't help...

Afternoon Everybody, the new tank straps came in last night for Bumblbee. Took a bicycle inner tube cut to length and pulled that down over the straps for a little added protection for the tank. Son and I (meaning mostly son) will put the tank back in tonight and see how the Bee wants to run now. I think this will probably take care of 90% of the run ability issues. The rest probably in poor/dirty connections.

Got the gas tank installed in Bumblebee this evening. WOOHOO!!!!! Lines hooked up, wire connections cleaned, filler neck installed. Two 5 gallon cans of premium no ethanol poured into the tank. Check underneath to make sure all is good to go. CRUM!!!! Pin hole stream of gas coming out of it next to one of my new straps. Sheet metal screw into the whole and still no joy. Stuck gas cans under it to catch it again. I'll try some epoxy repair tomorrow evening and see how that goes. I've had good luck with it in the past. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. But still moving forward. After all that, I went into the shop, fired up a saw and felt immediately better.

The 026 came with 2 different base gaskets.. One was 1mm, and the other was .5mm..
Get the .5mm gasket for it and see if that don't help...

I'm running it without a base gasket to get it to .040. I probably need to shave down the base some, but it's okay where it is now. I don't want to mess with it too much really. I'm moving on to other projects for now. I've hit a 440 calling my name. Just need to get a bar for it tomorrow hopefully.

Good afternoon all. Hope it ain't too bad MoJim. Only thing I don't like about 4wds is the maintenance cost.

I'm from Wichita KS, by the way. Just recently saw this thread. I'm hoping to attend a gtg in the next year. Maybe this winter if there's one relatively close. Depends on when/if I tag out on my archery tags.

Good afternoon all. Hope it ain't too bad MoJim. Only thing I don't like about 4wds is the maintenance cost.

I'm from Wichita KS, by the way. Just recently saw this thread. I'm hoping to attend a gtg in the next year. Maybe this winter if there's one relatively close. Depends on when/if I tag out on my archery tags.

Brett there is one in Carthage Mo. Nov. 1st. It should be a good one. Pm Hedgerow for address. Or post here if you can make it. and He will get you set up.

Brett there is one in Carthage Mo. Nov. 1st. It should be a good one. Pm Hedgerow for address. Or post here if you can make it. and He will get you set up.

Thanks Kenneth. To close to the rut unfortunately. I'll be out in Hays about that time if all goes as planned.

Thanks Kenneth. To close to the rut unfortunately. I'll be out in Hays about that time if all goes as planned.
Well, that's a problem. I have an idea, though. Just buy an out of state Missouri dear permit and just hunt here. Dear hunting and chainsaws together, can't get much better than that.

Got the gas tank repaired on Bumblebee this evening. Let it set up real good, poured the gas back in it. Held my breath. No leaks! Fired it up, let it warm up and took it out. Drove around for at least 30-40 minutes. No stumbling, no missing, no hesitating, no nothing. Runs pretty good, now.
YEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!!!

Ain't no GTG'S close to you..
Not sure why.... No trees out there??
How far are you from Iowa?

Latest posts

Back