Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve I have purchased kill switches at hard ware stores take whats left of yours to get the right base size. If it is like the 670 champ I have it is a metal toggle.
Yeah, mine is metal top with plastic base, which is what broke. Been to 4 hardware stores and 2 radio shacks. No joy. I could conceivably drill the hole a little bigger and probably use an XL12 switch, but really don't want to do that. There's one on evilbay for $18 shipped but comes with a pile of stuff I don't need. Weed eater man doesn't show a Jonsered listing. Guess I'll just keep looking, one will turn up. :)

Frequently OEM parts are cheaper than hardware/second hand suppliers when available. A kill switch for my Stihl 08s was $8, no shipping charge.

Yeah, mine is metal top with plastic base, which is what broke. Been to 4 hardware stores and 2 radio shacks. No joy. I could conceivably drill the hole a little bigger and probably use an XL12 switch, but really don't want to do that. There's one on evilbay for $18 shipped but comes with a pile of stuff I don't need. Weed eater man doesn't show a Jonsered listing. Guess I'll just keep looking, one will turn up. :)

Try Parts Express. I buy all kinds of electronic parts from them. They are cheap and fast. I've been very pleased. They have like hundreds of different switches.

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/switches/77

Morning all, cool, overcast and rainy here this morning with a brisk wind. If anyone finds a source for those switchs, I need 3 or 4 myself. Like Steve P I really don't to drill any cases.

It's an Italian company, "Ratio" is the brand name. The shop in Germany used them a lot. Had to run it without a base gasket in order to get above 125 psi of compression. Seems to be running good now though. This is the saw that carb you got me went on, btw. Thanks again!
What was the squish on that thing? I have done 26 cylinders like that and made them have over 170 psi.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Got pix & dimensions?

Found a switch for the Jred 670 Super today. A place I've known about for years but only been out there once before. NOS on hand. Only had 1. Needless to say it came home with me. $10.04 w/tax. Was tickled to pieces to get it.
A little buisness out in the country, been there forever, I guess. So, while I was there I got to talking with the lady (owner) and said I had a few questions to ask, if she didn't mind. Ask away, she said. Asked her if she had any NOS parts for Mac or Homelite? She looked over at me, smiling, and said "We sure do". I got to talking with her and said I knew a bunch of other crazy people that like and collect chainsaws. (To say the least) She said, "How about a tour?" Talk about kids and candy stores. I had to stop and get a couple gallons of water to drink to make up for what I lost in drooling. Racks upon racks of NOS Mcculloch, Homelite, Stihl, Jonsered, Dolmar, B&S, Lawnboy, Kohler and who knows what else. Racks and stacks of New bars and used bars. Took me out back to some storage containers, more of the same. Opened up one trailer with nothing but chainsaws and saw carcasses.
I couldn't venture a number.
I asked if it was OK with her if I went on AS and the other site and spread the word about her place. I know there are guys local to me that have been there, probably numerous times, and have bought from her. There are probably some not local who have bought from her. But I had a feeling a lot of us don't know about this place and what they have. I had no idea they had so much and even in my own back yard. She had not heard of us. I'll post the buisness name and number in a second. Found out she does credit card over the phone and ships, too.
It's called "Harald's Small Engine Inc."
Website www.haraldonline.com
Phone number 1-417-743-2314
Fax 1-417-743-2314
I'm not promoting their buisnes, or anything like that. It's just another place that has NOS parts. But it's getting harder and harder to find the places that still have have this stuff. That's the whole purpose to this post. OE NOS parts for the people that like and want OE NOS parts.
If I'm out of line here, I aplogize. I'm not trying to take away from any sponsers here. But I thought this needs to be put out there. I don't know their pricing structure or anything like that. But I felt the price I paid for this switch was a pretty decent deal. Call them, don't call them. Up to you all. I'm just putting it out there.

Found a switch for the Jred 670 Super today. A place I've known about for years but only been out there once before. NOS on hand. Only had 1. Needless to say it came home with me. $10.04 w/tax. Was tickled to pieces to get it.
A little buisness out in the country, been there forever, I guess. So, while I was there I got to talking with the lady (owner) and said I had a few questions to ask, if she didn't mind. Ask away, she said. Asked her if she had any NOS parts for Mac or Homelite? She looked over at me, smiling, and said "We sure do". I got to talking with her and said I knew a bunch of other crazy people that like and collect chainsaws. (To say the least) She said, "How about a tour?" Talk about kids and candy stores. I had to stop and get a couple gallons of water to drink to make up for what I lost in drooling. Racks upon racks of NOS Mcculloch, Homelite, Stihl, Jonsered, Dolmar, B&S, Lawnboy, Kohler and who knows what else. Racks and stacks of New bars and used bars. Took me out back to some storage containers, more of the same. Opened up one trailer with nothing but chainsaws and saw carcasses.
I couldn't venture a number.
I asked if it was OK with her if I went on AS and the other site and spread the word about her place. I know there are guys local to me that have been there, probably numerous times, and have bought from her. There are probably some not local who have bought from her. But I had a feeling a lot of us don't know about this place and what they have. I had no idea they had so much and even in my own back yard. She had not heard of us. I'll post the buisness name and number in a second. Found out she does credit card over the phone and ships, too.
It's called "Harald's Small Engine Inc."
Website www.haraldonline.com
Phone number 1-417-743-2314
Fax 1-417-743-2314
I'm not promoting their buisnes, or anything like that. It's just another place that has NOS parts. But it's getting harder and harder to find the places that still have have this stuff. That's the whole purpose to this post. OE NOS parts for the people that like and want OE NOS parts.
If I'm out of line here, I aplogize. I'm not trying to take away from any sponsers here. But I thought this needs to be put out there. I don't know their pricing structure or anything like that. But I felt the price I paid for this switch was a pretty decent deal. Call them, don't call them. Up to you all. I'm just putting it out there.

sweet! maybe they got 10-10 crank seals

Doesn't seem out of line to me. Thank you for the heads up.
I'm a Stihl fan and I've become a big fan of the 024 since I took one in trade. Ironically, it was the 390 that I wanted. I wound up selling the 390 and use my 024 every time I go out. Can't find 024s for sale though. I'll check this place out to see if they have some 024 parts saws.

Doesn't seem out of line to me. Thank you for the heads up.
I'm a Stihl fan and I've become a big fan of the 024 since I took one in trade. Ironically, it was the 390 that I wanted. I wound up selling the 390 and use my 024 every time I go out. Can't find 024s for sale though. I'll check this place out to see if they have some 024 parts saws.
They have 3 trailer loads of saw carcasses... I'm surprised Steve didn't know about them already..
Sawnami and I have known about them for a long time...
Their old Bar selection is impressive...

They have 3 trailer loads of saw carcasses... I'm surprised Steve didn't know about them already..
Sawnami and I have known about them for a long time...
Their old Bar selection is impressive...
oh i like bars!! I got a guide bar collecting problem.... i want a nos HOMELITE printed red on bare metal.. bar.... so beautiful :) :) :) :)

HOMELITE in red on bare metal,I might just have one of those Coby.Let me check.What happened about GTG aint heard much about it lately?
mmm homelite :) nov 1st at Matts?? its still on! gonna be a good time, are you comming? gonna be a hoot :) dad had one of those bars and wrecked it :(

Latest posts

Back