Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a 28" 3/8 Stihl bar and chain they want to sell? I have a 440 headed my way that needs a bar and chain. I need one fit my 660 anyway.

Overhauled the carb, replaced the fuel line and cleaned the tank on this little guy (52e) tonight. Fired right up and seems to run pretty good.

qyze9e6u.jpg

Got tired of messing with a Pioneer 650 and threw it back in the bottom of the "to do" pile

The Wright C-50 is coming slowly along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anybody have a 28" 3/8 Stihl bar and chain they want to sell? I have a 440 headed my way that needs a bar and chain. I need one fit my 660 anyway.
That's going to be a great combo. I have a 441cm with a 30 bar. I cut up a 24 inch seasoned hedge log with it and I just layed the bar on it and let the weight of the saw and bar do all the work. The cutting efficiency of brute power combined with weight combined with sharpness of chain was awesome. Long story but I made a major oversight that day. That tree would have killed me I think if I was 2 feet to the left of where I stood.

I too, only have 2 20 and over Stihl bars. Tough to find, and expensive.

Hedgerow, that's an awesome tree in your avatar,. Pics are fuzzy on this phone. Is that a hedge tree?!

Overhauled the carb, replaced the fuel line and cleaned the tank on this little guy (52e) tonight. Fired right up and seems to run pretty good.

qyze9e6u.jpg

Got tired of messing with a Pioneer 650 and threw it back in the bottom of the "to do" pile

The Wright C-50 is coming slowly along.

I just had a rvalue sighting

That's going to be a great combo. I have a 441cm with a 30 bar. I cut up a 24 inch seasoned hedge log with it and I just layed the bar on it and let the weight of the saw and bar do all the work. The cutting efficiency of brute power combined with weight combined with sharpness of chain was awesome. Long story but I made a major oversight that day. That tree would have killed me I think if I was 2 feet to the left of where I stood.

I too, only have 2 20 and over Stihl bars. Tough to find, and expensive.

Hedgerow, that's an awesome tree in your avatar,. Pics are fuzzy on this phone. Is that a hedge tree?!
Nope.. That one was a 50" American Elm..

Hey everybody, Been working on Bumblebee the last week. Got it running pretty nice in the driveway, so son and I took it up the street to see what would act up. Guy I got it from said it would run a little bit then fall on it's nose and die. Yep, after about a block it started stumbling, dropped off and died. Let it sit for a minute and fired right back up and idled great. Hmm, seems like I've seen this before. Idled it back home and decided to pull the fuel tank. Got the tank out and pulled the fuel pump assembly and, PRESTO, the prefilter looked like it had been painted black. (Supposed to be white) Shined a flashlight into the tank and couldn't hardly see the bottom of the it. (You were right, Eric) Only had about 5 gallons of fuel in it. Drained that off into a 5 gallon gas can. You wouldn't believe the junk that came out of it.
I figure the main problem is that the Bee has sat for about 90 % of it's life after all the modifications were done to it. That coupled with the alchohol/gasoline that's available now a days. Inside of the tank had a bunch of black crud all over too. Pressure washer took care of that stuff. Dried the tank out with a heat gun in the fuel neck till bone dry, then a shop vac on the filler neck and compressed air in the pump opening to get the rest of the dirt/dust out of it. Installed a new prefilter on the pump along with a new lock ring/o-ring and a new fuel line filter. Just waiting on new gas tank straps to come in and install the tank, THEN we will see how it runs.
Also going to clean all under hood wiring connections with electronics cleaner to ensure good connections.

Hey everybody, Been working on Bumblebee the last week. Got it running pretty nice in the driveway, so son and I took it up the street to see what would act up. Guy I got it from said it would run a little bit then fall on it's nose and die. Yep, after about a block it started stumbling, dropped off and died. Let it sit for a minute and fired right back up and idled great. Hmm, seems like I've seen this before. Idled it back home and decided to pull the fuel tank. Got the tank out and pulled the fuel pump assembly and, PRESTO, the prefilter looked like it had been painted black. (Supposed to be white) Shined a flashlight into the tank and couldn't hardly see the bottom of the it. (You were right, Eric) Only had about 5 gallons of fuel in it. Drained that off into a 5 gallon gas can. You wouldn't believe the junk that came out of it.
I figure the main problem is that the Bee has sat for about 90 % of it's life after all the modifications were done to it. That coupled with the alchohol/gasoline that's available now a days. Inside of the tank had a bunch of black crud all over too. Pressure washer took care of that stuff. Dried the tank out with a heat gun in the fuel neck till bone dry, then a shop vac on the filler neck and compressed air in the pump opening to get the rest of the dirt/dust out of it. Installed a new prefilter on the pump along with a new lock ring/o-ring and a new fuel line filter. Just waiting on new gas tank straps to come in and install the tank, THEN we will see how it runs.
Also going to clean all under hood wiring connections with electronics cleaner to ensure good connections.

Sounds like fun, lol. Hopefully that fixes it. Can't hurt it for sure.

Tammi brought me a little something from an auction that she went to today. I love my wife. :)

e7ysu2ej.jpg

Put gas in it and fired up and ran after a few pulls.

So far she's brought home a near mint SXLAO, a 26 LCS, two Homie 750's and numerous XL's, XL12's, and SXL's.

Did I mention that I love my wife? :)

Dad and I cut a few loads of firewood today. Used the 026 with the aftermarket cylinder. Three tanks of fuel and feeling stronger. Think it would have imploded of it was going to?
What brand of kit did you get. I have used several dozen aftermarket p/c kits and most of them in my experience last plenty long enough for yearly firewood cutting. The only ones that I have had actually wear out or give up altogether are the guys who are using them everyday, hard. In those cases I have seen them fail in as little as 50 hours of use. Seems like the pistons fail prematurely and the quality of the plating on some kits is just not all that good. Flaking is pretty common to find on cylinders that I inspect in the shop on a regular basis on AM kits.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

What brand of kit did you get. I have used several dozen aftermarket p/c kits and most of them in my experience last plenty long enough for yearly firewood cutting. The only ones that I have had actually wear out or give up altogether are the guys who are using them everyday, hard. In those cases I have seen them fail in as little as 50 hours of use. Seems like the pistons fail prematurely and the quality of the plating on some kits is just not all that good. Flaking is pretty common to find on cylinders that I inspect in the shop on a regular basis on AM kits.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It's an Italian company, "Ratio" is the brand name. The shop in Germany used them a lot. Had to run it without a base gasket in order to get above 125 psi of compression. Seems to be running good now though. This is the saw that carb you got me went on, btw. Thanks again!

Tammi brought me a little something from an auction that she went to today. I love my wife. :)

e7ysu2ej.jpg

So far she's brought home a near mint SXLAO, a 26 LCS, two Homie 750's and numerous XL's, XL12's, and SXL's.

Well I guess! Day Yum................................................

e7ysu2ej.jpg

very nice!!!!!

Morning all, having my coffee and checking out my watched threads for new posts. Hopefully we will have some pics from Cabool and Iowa later.
Steve L, love that P100, I have one in my around to it pile along with a PM1000.

Morning All,
Anybody have a spare on/off switch for a Jonsered 670 Super? Mine turned back to it's natural elements.

Back