Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Folks!

Jeep the only thing about the holes you drilled is I would be concerned about the dust they will allow to build up under the flywheel/points. I would check for dust volume after 3-4 tanks to see it will be a problem.

Morning Folks!

Jeep the only thing about the holes you drilled is I would be concerned about the dust they will allow to build up under the flywheel/points. I would check for dust volume after 3-4 tanks to see it will be a problem.
That has been my concern aswell, I'm wondering about rubber plugs? If they might fly out or not, one way to find out right? Then again it might keep it cleaner back there, yeah right!

I've pulled flywheels off several XL12's that had dust packed in so much you could hardly make out the ignition assembly. While the points are in a covered part of the assembly, one weak concern is the condenser and wiring coming from the points to the coil. Dust/oil accumulation can, and does, cause a short. Thus no spark. While it is a good idea to fit rubber plugs, in the overall scheme of things I don't think it will affect it that much.

I've pulled flywheels off several XL12's that had dust packed in so much you could hardly make out the ignition assembly. While the points are in a covered part of the assembly, one weak concern is the condenser and wiring coming from the points to the coil. Dust/oil accumulation can, and does, cause a short. Thus no spark. While it is a good idea to fit rubber plugs, in the overall scheme of things I don't think it will affect it that much.
Yeah, air is going to suck into the holes from behind the flywheel into the center .

Back