Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji23]View attachment 435174 View attachment 435173 View attachment 435172 View attachment 435171 Morning everybody.
Found this at a garage sale this morning. Poulan Countervibe. Not sure on the exact model but cylinder measures out to be 68cc. Model 4000, 4200, 4400? Thin ring. 20 inch bar, 3/8 full chisel. Nice shape.
Got up at 0 dark thirty to be up there in time. I was afraid sawnami would beat me to it.
Nice find! No competition Steve , I had to work today [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-N910V

:laugh:View attachment 435174 View attachment 435173 View attachment 435172 View attachment 435171 Morning everybody.
Found this at a garage sale this morning. Poulan Countervibe. Not sure on the exact model but cylinder measures out to be 68cc. Model 4000, 4200, 4400? Thin ring. 20 inch bar, 3/8 full chisel. Nice shape.
Got up at 0 dark thirty to be up there in time. I was afraid sawnami would beat me to it.
That's a really nice find, its a 4000. It would be a good match for Carls 670 if its healthy.

Pulled the muffler off it as soon as I got home (that's gonna get modified). A tiny bit of scoring on the piston, well below the rings, though. Needs a thorough cleaning before I try and start it. The young man at the sale said it was his dad's and that he worked for Poulan. Thought it was custom made for his dad. o_O. It hasn't been run in 10 years.
Had $50 sticker on it, got it for $40 plus a weedeater for free. :clap:

I'd love this! 25,500. Hey Matt you should build this!
9afcb49e864c23d27ab4f667e18099e3.jpg

Any MMA fans in here. Just got through watching UFC 189. It was one of the best group of fights I can remember...
Andrew "The Beast" Whitney worked with us a few years ago. The guy is like a rock. The stuff he put himself through to prepare for a fight was amazing. He could lose or gain weight in the matter of hours to qualify for his weigh-in.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Andrew "The Beast" Whitney worked with us a few years ago. The guy is like a rock. The stuff he put himself through to prepare for a fight was amazing. He could lose or gain weight in the matter of hours to qualify for his weigh-in.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Never heard of him so I looked him up. His next fight is next weekend. He fights for some of the smaller organizations. He has a very respectable record; I hope he gets a shot with the UFC.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrew-Whitney-58084

The weight cutting is very controversial. It is very dangerous to cut as much as some fighters cut. Some fights have been cancelled because the fighter was hospitalized from trying to cut weight. There is a lot of discussion on what to do about it. The UFC just banned IVs after weigh ins.

Never heard of him so I looked him up. His next fight is next weekend. He fights for some of the smaller organizations. He has a very respectable record; I hope he gets a shot with the UFC.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrew-Whitney-58084

The weight cutting is very controversial. It is very dangerous to cut as much as some fighters cut. Some fights have been cancelled because the fighter was hospitalized from trying to cut weight. There is a lot of discussion on what to do about it. The UFC just banned IVs after weigh ins.
Yeah, it was nothing for him to lose 10 lbs in a 24 hour period. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N910V

After discussing with some guys on the Poulan thread and getting some reliable specs for bore diameter from them, I've determined that this is a 3700 Countervibe. 3700 bore diameter spec 1.875. My readings, after several checks to eliminate my stupidity, 1.869 plus or minus. 4000 diameter 1.935. Try as I might I couldn't get my gauge to read anywhere close to this. Think ill see about new piston, rings and seals for the old girl.

After discussing with some guys on the Poulan thread and getting some reliable specs for bore diameter from them, I've determined that this is a 3700 Countervibe. 3700 bore diameter spec 1.875. My readings, after several checks to eliminate my stupidity, 1.869 plus or minus. 4000 diameter 1.935. Try as I might I couldn't get my gauge to read anywhere close to this. Think ill see about new piston, rings and seals for the old girl.
The 4000 has a different air filter system :)

"Look ma, only half a crankshaft"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436719339.016860.jpg

Got the carb w/reed plate off the Mall to do an in depth carb cleaning.

And!!! Found my main problem. When I made screws to replace the missing ones I made them too long. Punched two holes in my new metering diaphragm.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436722362.342080.jpg

Back