Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran and spun the chain until the Gilmer belt gave up. Have to dig a spare out.

0f41857f1f4c2c263631be8e3953699d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Do they still make that belt?

'Gilmer' is a throwback to the articles in Hot Rod mag. Timing belt drive is a more correct description. Look for Woods or Goodyear belt drive products.

The more modern version with rounded teeth is HTD drive.

When we were dating, Barbara had an electric lawnmower w/two blades timing belt driven 90 degrees apart. I used my industrial supplier contacts to source new belts for it.

Heh. All it really was is a floor polisher with blades and wheels.

'Gilmer' is a throwback to the articles in Hot Rod mag. Timing belt drive is a more correct description. Look for Woods or Goodyear belt drive products.

The more modern version with rounded teeth is HTD drive.

When we were dating, Barbara had an electric lawnmower w/two blades timing belt driven 90 degrees apart. I used my industrial supplier contacts to source new belts for it.

Heh. All it really was is a floor polisher with blades and wheels.
I've got a contact at Carlisle Belt Company (formerly Dayco Belt Co.) here that can cut me a new one if necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V

I've got a contact at Carlisle Belt Company (formerly Dayco Belt Co.) here that can cut me a new one if necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V
See what happens when you have been retired fifteen years? Dayco sold out. Marlin Rockwell bearings go by by. CR seals? National 'O' rings/seals?

For midlander amusement I put up a new KC Craigslist add.

Discounts, trades and shipping for pot belly stove members.[emoji847]

Waaaassssup...Heading to Norman, OK today for a graduation. My nephew (Ryan) is graduating with a degree in Engineering Physics. He is stupid smart, has had every math class OU offers plus all the engineering and physics to go with it. I remember in his first or second year he was frustrated because it was taking him 10 hours to solve a single math/physics problem; but he persevered. He has already participated in research on lasers and other stuff I do not comprehend. As smart as he is, he is just like us, a good kid with a good heart, and would fit right in at one of our charity cuts. My boys love when he comes around because he can show them how to beat any of their video games.

Ryan's dad (my brother in-law) is not happy with him because he (Ryan) has multiple job offers but wants to go hiking in Europe for a few months (3-6) instead of going right to work. I encourage Ryan to go to Europe and hike and see all he wants to see and do all he wants to do. Work and jobs will always be there for him, you only live once, you are only young once, you are only free to do these types of things for a brief window in life. Once you start working, start dating, get married, have kids, the opportunities are basically non-existent unless you hit the lottery or marry into big money.

Anyhow, have a good one and be safe today...

Latest posts

Back