Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky 50 can be souped up?
Just snagged one on Evilbay.
I fixed up a white top 50 two years ago. Was a nice saw.

Stay tuned midlanders!
emoji12.png
Yup, like Brandon said, a 5000+ cylinder and piston will fit with a bit of work. Even the original open port unit can be enhanced a bit, with the added bonus of extra parts being readily available, and lots of aftermarket choices.

Good morning from Kansas! I'm a newbie so please go easy on me
Welcome Sparky, you picked a pretty good place to hang out!

Welcome to the circus.

What saws do you run? How many do you have? What kinda splitter or maul? You run square or round chain? Any kids and what ages? What kinda truck you drive? Any heavy equipment?

My name is Thomas. I have Mostly Stihl but like all saws, unlike some on here, won't mention any names. I have about 7-8 saws. I have a hydro splitter with log lift and 4-way wedge, a Fiskars (of course) and a few other splitting implements. I use round full chisel chain because I can't file square. 3 kids (8, 11, & 18). 2012 Chevy 2500. No heavy equipment, just a 16' utility trailer and a couple wheel barrels for selling firewood on the side.

We go easy on you here. DO NOT start any threads or make any comments in the Forestry & Logging forum.
I have 3 jonsered saws, I'm currently building a 2150 with a 346 topend, 199 carb and am currently waiting for a 359 air intake 90 to build the rest. I have had help from individuals on this site with great info for me. I have a 30 ton hydro spliter, I run round chisel chain, 2 kids both boys 7 and 2. I drive a Chevy 2500hd 4 door with a 3 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I have some equipment, 48 ft altec bucket truck, 242 cat skidsteer with 8ft grappling bucket and just got a hydro tree puller. Also have a case jx95 100hp tractor with grappling bucket as well, also a small ford tractor for light work. 18ft trailer with 7k axles as well as a 20 ft trailer with 7k axles. Lol, we'll I hope you have all the info you need from me. Hahaha jk I love this site!

Yep, you'll fit in just fine here.

You betcha!

Went and noodled on the large pine a bit today. So far the star performer is the J-red 670 followed closely by the Olympyk. The Pro Mac 700 only got a short run 'till I notice his bucking spike was trying to jump ship. Lost one screw. Poulan 3700 is no slouch.

655BP is what to use on 30" rounds. No going around to the other side on a cut.[emoji6]

Welcome to the circus.

What saws do you run? How many do you have? What kinda splitter or maul? You run square or round chain? Any kids and what ages? What kinda truck you drive? Any heavy equipment?

My name is Thomas. I have Mostly Stihl but like all saws, unlike some on here, won't mention any names. I have about 7-8 saws. I have a hydro splitter with log lift and 4-way wedge, a Fiskars (of course) and a few other splitting implements. I use round full chisel chain because I can't file square. 3 kids (8, 11, & 18). 2012 Chevy 2500. No heavy equipment, just a 16' utility trailer and a couple wheel barrels for selling firewood on the side.

We go easy on you here. DO NOT start any threads or make any comments in the Forestry & Logging forum.
I do get a chuckle out of the stuff you post Thomas..
And yes, only go to the forestry and logging area when ya feeling like a good fight...

Lol...

I have 3 jonsered saws, I'm currently building a 2150 with a 346 topend, 199 carb and am currently waiting for a 359 air intake 90 to build the rest. I have had help from individuals on this site with great info for me. I have a 30 ton hydro spliter, I run round chisel chain, 2 kids both boys 7 and 2. I drive a Chevy 2500hd 4 door with a 3 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I have some equipment, 48 ft altec bucket truck, 242 cat skidsteer with 8ft grappling bucket and just got a hydro tree puller. Also have a case jx95 100hp tractor with grappling bucket as well, also a small ford tractor for light work. 18ft trailer with 7k axles as well as a 20 ft trailer with 7k axles. Lol, we'll I hope you have all the info you need from me. Hahaha jk I love this site!

Since you are the "shizzle" for all of the killer equipment :rock2:, we will let you slide for the low saw count (that will change soon though). Building a 2150 with a 346 top end and 199 carb gets you big bonus points too. You keeping it or flipping it :)

I knew you were a competition cooker when I saw your pics. Does the name Tim Ryals ring a bell? Goes by "Sizzlin' Bones BBQ" also. His pork always places high (3rd at Jack Daniels World Championship). He had me try some ribs he was experimenting with and I must say, they were the best I have ever had, and i have had some good ones--fantastic actually.

Since you are the "shizzle" for all of the killer equipment :rock2:, we will let you slide for the low saw count (that will change soon though). Building a 2150 with a 346 top end and 199 carb gets you big bonus points too. You keeping it or flipping it :)

I knew you were a competition cooker when I saw your pics. Does the name Tim Ryals ring a bell? Goes by "Sizzlin' Bones BBQ" also. His pork always places high (3rd at Jack Daniels World Championship). He had me try some ribs he was experimenting with and I must say, they were the best I have ever had, and i have had some good ones--fantastic actually.
I hope Brandon will cook for us in Iowa.... What's wrong with the forestry and logging forum?

Yes I have heard of him, I know some people from your area. The Wheeler family are friends of mine, I used to buy alot of race cars and motors from them. I'm keeping this saw and am gonna build another 2150 after this build. It will be alot different than the one I'm currently building!

I hope Brandon will cook for us in Iowa.... What's wrong with the forestry and logging forum?

I bet you do hope he cooks for you in Iowa. I think he just moved to the top of everybody's "Who do we want to cook at the next GTG?" list. Although, i will say Matt's pork was 2nd to none IMO.

The F&L forum can be brutal to noobs or even us not-so professional sawyers who are not so new. However, there is a metric ton of knowledge there. Brandon may be qualified and fit right in. If he puts a picture of those ribs in his sig, and just posts smiley faces he will probably be a hit.

Yes I have heard of him, I know some people from your area. The Wheeler family are friends of mine, I used to buy alot of race cars and motors from them. I'm keeping this saw and am gonna build another 2150 after this build. It will be alot different than the one I'm currently building!

Small world. I know the Wheelers pretty well and just live a few miles from their scrap yard. One of my groomsman married Tammy. My son played soccer and football with Timmy's son; Tim helped coach football. Tim lets me rummage through their scrap lumber to scrounge anything I can use. I scrounge a lot of scrap lumber from them to stack my firewood on. They just pile it up and burn it. I don't know Benny or Chad that well. I have known Tate Cole for about 35 yrs; he is an employee (but like family) and races with them.

Back