Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after extensive autopsy of the contentious rooster, I determined that Dad AND I hit him, but there was a greater # of his #6 Pellets than that of my #4's,... (Old Turkey load that I slipped in an all-star box of non-steel leftovers, Otherwise I usually use #6's or #5's). HOWEVER, All 5 of my pellets that contacted the Bird drove through the bone and into the chest, 2 making the heart into jello! The debate rages on.:msp_rolleyes:

Your being able to recognize your pellets, from your dad's, is akin to me recognizing my bees across town.

:)

I had a Remington mod 17, 20 ga with an extra long barrel. It would put a pellet in a box everywhere within the size of your hand, #6, at 60 yards.

It was stolen on Thanksgiving day, about 1977.

They took the gun out of the case, and left the plastic case.

I was only five and can remember what I was doing on that day

Ouch, that makes me old.

However, I was duck hunting, and got stuck. I went to get a tractor, and when I got back the gun was gone, I pulled the scout out of the mud (dirt landing) and drove home.

Our farm was on a navigable creek, and they came up in a boat from the park.

My dad wouldn't take me to the park to see who it was, he was too busy. Never got it back. It was a beautiful pump from my Grandfather.

I was 14, for the record.

rep

Jim:

A few points:

1. Wendell is a newcomer to this thread, maybe considered a hijacker... I don't know. :)
2. You only give out a few rep points per 'shot'. Wendell gives out millions.
3. 75 is a big number
4. In theory, if you gave out all your rep every day at the same time, (ie during lunch) then eventually you would lose one day' s ability to give rep. BECAUSE you have to wait over 24 hours to re-load. So you are always a little later in the day.
5. The confounded system keeps track of it
6. Sicko's keep a log.
8. Rep is addictive
9. Most people don't pay enough attention to the details to determine that there was an omission.
Thanks for the tips Dan.Ten 4 on Wendall:) Still learning

Of course, dear sir. I was exaggerating. Very wrong of me. When I started, just after Freehand, You were king of the rep.

Then little Ricky came along and dethroned you. That was a bleak day. Then all heck broke free.

Just asking, is there a difference between an 046 and 346?

That may well be, like some weight and about 26cc - i guess some power as well, just a tiny bit...

This may or may not be true:

I recently gave up on pursuing rep, in respect for Freehand, and I didn't like beating him out.

So I didn't look at the list until a few days ago. Freehand is now well ahead of me, and I no longer have to 'take a dive'. :)

I looked at the list and somehow found Vandelay, and repped him. Then I thought I noticed he went to first place. I didn't think much of it, and when I went to verify, Wendell was back in First.

Was I dreaming? Are they swapping first place? Are they that close?

For the record, when I quit actively pursuing rep FOR A TIME, SS was decidedly in First Place.

This is a reppable post.

repped

And yes, the top 5 are extremely close and with rapidly inflating rep numbers, probably change with almost every rep given.

I left a couple of you sum reps.
Stumpy, Dan and ST will have to be patient...

Some for you, too.

Also got ASM elsewhere.

My weapon of choice for deer and chainsaw thieves. Just leaves a pink mist in the air where they used to stand.::thumbsup::

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BDggwf1QTq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mine says "video is private".

Will this be pink panties?

Who steals deer?

I fixed it. I'm not fond of those tree killin' deer OR saw thieves.:angry:

Actually a few (deer) have been hit on the range according the range commander.

Last edited:
Those of you that know my son Levi, may enjoy hearing of the time he got over on his old man.

I had shot a doe one afternoon, and had cut it up. He takes off on the mule, and a few minutes later, comes back with a deer. He takes off again , and a few minutes later comes back with another deer. He takes off again, and a few minutes later comes back with another deer.

Within 30 minutes, he had 3 deer. I was pissed. Then he may have taken off, or something, I can't remember. He was about 17. I gutted them and being too crippled to cut them all up took them to the slaughterhouse. He had a sign that said, $ 75 each.

He asked how I wanted them, I asked 'same price?' YEP. So I said "summer sausage"

I didn't have much money at that time . LOL and when I went to pick them up the bill was $ 510. I about crapped. He forgot to tell me the summer sausage cost. He may have told 100 people that day, because he had at least that many deer. I don't know how he kept them seperated. Then I was really pissed at my son. But alas, time has gone by.

Those of you that know my son Levi, may enjoy hearing of the time he got over on his old man.

I had shot a doe one afternoon, and had cut it up. He takes off on the mule, and a few minutes later, comes back with a deer. He takes off again , and a few minutes later comes back with another deer. He takes off again, and a few minutes later comes back with another deer.

Within 30 minutes, he had 3 deer. I was pissed. Then he may have taken off, or something, I can't remember. He was about 17. I gutted them and being too crippled to cut them all up took them to the slaughterhouse. He had a sign that said, $ 75 each.

He asked how I wanted them, I asked 'same price?' YEP. So I said "summer sausage"

I didn't have much money at that time . LOL and when I went to pick them up the bill was $ 510. I about crapped. He forgot to tell me the summer sausage cost. He may have told 100 people that day, because he had at least that many deer. I don't know how he kept them seperated. Then I was really pissed at my son. But alas, time has gone by.

They don't keep them seperated. That's the problem with locker processed deer.

Back