Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning boys and girls! Rain here puts me out for the day. Government timber land. No ruts allowed. What a crock. Anyhoo, stay safe. Jim, have another cup for me brother.:msp_w00t:

e4uve6yb.jpg

Don I think Matt is ready for some splitter racing. I need to get a good splitter.

Isn't Timberjack now Deere? Parts prices probably went up 40% when they painted em green...

Maybe. Availability more than likely went up also. Husky should have bought them, then there wouldn't be any parts, just a need for new machines.

And they look better in green anyways. Better than orange, or worse, red.

Yes... Notice photo???

Matt,what size engine,pump and cylinder are you using on this splitter?
I don't need it,but I know a Dolmar dealer who has a 9010 for $700. He said it has less than three hours on it,it has only been used as a demostrater saw. There is a used one on ebay sitting on $686 with over a day to go.

In my poor eyesight, the opposing wedges appear to be in line. HOWEVER I would guess that an inch and half or so offset would greatly reduce HP requirements. Just guessing.

Split one by hand and you notice the less work the smaller the pieces also.

Not criticizing merely sticking my nose in ATVs business. :laugh:

Matt,what size engine,pump and cylinder are you using on this splitter?
I don't need it,but I know a Dolmar dealer who has a 9010 for $700. He said it has less than three hours on it,it has only been used as a demostrater saw. There is a used one on ebay sitting on $686 with over a day to go.

13hp motor and a 22 gpm haldex pump...
28 ton cylinder... We going for a fast cycle time...

That 9010 sounds like a decent deal...
But I think this splitter is gonna clean out my wood sales budget...
:msp_biggrin:

In my poor eyesight, the opposing wedges appear to be in line. HOWEVER I would guess that an inch and half or so offset would greatly reduce HP requirements. Just guessing.

Split one by hand and you notice the less work the smaller the pieces also.

Not criticizing merely sticking my nose in ATVs business. :laugh:

Yes... First vertical wedge hits 6" before the wings hit... There's a slip in 4th way and a slip in 6 way... On the 6 way, the bottom set will hit just barely before the top, but the log will already be split in half when engaging. If 28 tons won't push that, I'll get a 32...
Hahahahaha!!!!!

Yes... First vertical wedge hits 6" before the wings hit... There's a slip in 4th way and a slip in 6 way... On the 6 way, the bottom set will hit just barely before the top, but the log will already be split in half when engaging. If 28 tons won't push that, I'll get a 32...
Hahahahaha!!!!!

My wedge is on the cylinder side not sure how I can mount the wings farther back might just have to convert the whole thing or sell this one and build one myself with log lift of course

My wedge is on the cylinder side not sure how I can mount the wings farther back might just have to convert the whole thing or sell this one and build one myself with log lift of course

Yea, Brent put a log lift on this one. The cylinder is so big, it'll throw a 200 lb round at you... Had to put an in line meter on the line to adjust the ammt. of fluid that goes to the cylinder.

At this point in time, I could care less whether it was a S.S. or a large multi-wedge Hyd splitter, but I am going to have to improve that aspect of the production. Time is the one constant that you can't beat so efficiency is nice. If a TW-7 "Wood" work with crotches, I'd buy that as I like the uniform splits, but apparently that's designed for straight grained "pretty" wood, NOT Hedge Oak and Locust. I'd almost build one, but I don't have the patience to do so over about a 2yr timeframe as that's about what it would require right now...

Back