Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Good morning Kenneth and John!!!
Morning, fellas! It is a beautiful 70˚outside. Been bustin my butt on a ditch digging around roots project, and we are ready for the next phase. Halfway thru the coffee, and I blee vowel have me some vitamin I today. (ibuprofen)
Nice to be outside working hard, though.

The other day a huge mulberry split to the ground in the next block, unbeknownst to me. I hear a saw running, and wander over there, and a guy has cut up what had to be a 16-18" thick half of a tree, and had made it to the last cut. Using a Stihl 025 on some of the hardest wood in KS. I could tell it was ready for a sharpening, but it was stihl going, even though it was a job for a larger pro saw.

Orange and white forever :rock:

Hope everybody has a great day!

lumberjackchef

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Got my little 1954 fiber king back on the water yesterday too! The cats just love the nasty stinking perch I let set out in the sun !
y3yrydyq.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
Sad day for us and the hoskeys. Our mailman and friend and neighbor was killed in a traffic accident today. I always stopped by on the way to the hoskeys and said hi. His dad lived with him (92 I think) he is a bachelor and a farmer. He was always happy and a nice guy to seal with and deeply will be missed.

Locust Cutter

Locust Cutter

Sawing for Sanity
Sad day for us and the hoskeys. Our mailman and friend and neighbor was killed in a traffic accident today. I always stopped by on the way to the hoskeys and said hi. His dad lived with him (92 I think) he is a bachelor and a farmer. He was always happy and a nice guy to seal with and deeply will be missed.

God-willing his pain was brief. He's definitely not hurting now and I pray that there is an amicable solution for his Father's care. You shouldn't ever have your children go before you do...

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
So when/where is the next charity cut (GTG)? I was showing Dad the pictures from some in the past and we'd both like to come lend a hand/saw/splitter/back if we can. I'd also like to try Sam-tip's 395 and 3120... :chainsaw:
My next one will be wky and I do believe the 3120 will be there. Rumors of a fall charity cut gtg have been floating around for waukee again but that has yet to be determined.

Latest posts