Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut part of a tree up today, the landowner said it was hedge. I just don't think it is, other than the yellow color of wood grain nothing else to me says hedge. I have been cutting hedge most of my life and this just isn't it. My dad suggested mulberry and after looking online I think it is by bark but couldn't find any pics of it cut up. Does anyone know what color it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut part of a tree up today, the landowner said it was hedge. I just don't think it is, other than the yellow color of wood grain nothing else to me says hedge. I have been cutting hedge most of my life and this just isn't it. My dad suggested mulberry and after looking online I think it is by bark but couldn't find any pics of it cut up. Does anyone know what color it is?

Mullberry is yellow...

9f21faabb9f218db0ee99dfe429d5a53.jpg

This is what I cut, it split real easy also
d194991dd43c60e0bf36966fdbded48d.jpg

The landowner cut part of it up last fall getting ready to put in a border fence

That's where I got the 65cc engine for the ChinAsaw. Tracking was like nine days before it hit USPS in Chicago. Then five days there before it showed in KCK. Two more to Joetown.

Hutzl is one of the better China sellers IMHO.

You just have to sit on your hands till it grinds thru the gears.

Watcha buyin'?

I bought a complete 38mm engine for a 170 or 180 . Stumbled across it on eBay, bid on it just for the helluvit and won it for 39 shipped. Fortunately, I have 4 or 5 170s and a 017. Several don't run, I think one starts. I had these in mind when I bid but didn't know it'd go that low. I intend to install it and do some limbing and other cutting on small hedge to see how it does. I'll take pics when I get it.

Presently waiting on a pkg. of misc. from Hutzl. Been thirteen days now and hasn't hit the states yet.

Are you buying or have you bought plastics from them? I'm curious as to their quality. Also their color match on. Stihls since I'll be selling some fixers in the future. Been hoarding em, now I need to start fixing and selling.

Your 65cc was Hutzl? Did you run it much? What did you think?

Any Southern MO clansman going to KC charity cut on the 28th for jetmd? Hedgerow, Workshop, Redhorse, Ken12, Cobey, SteveSS, dgb84, old cookie, sawnami, Rvalue....anybody planning on going? I am undecided myself.
thats the weekend me and wabbie have our aniversery, probably got to do something for her

Are you buying or have you bought plastics from them? I'm curious as to their quality. Also their color match on. Stihls since I'll be selling some fixers in the future. Been hoarding em, now I need to start fixing and selling.

Your 65cc was Hutzl? Did you run it much? What did you think?

I bought two air filter covers but they didn't match in color as the saws are old anyway. Just over 10 bux. Same exact thing from Jack Horner Mach. is 23 plus tax. Their clutch covers are die cast. No 'Stihl' on them.

I got the 65cc Farm Hoss done just before all the snow so only cut a couple 12" cookies to ball park the H.S. jet.

Ought to loan it out to Jim for a use test like I did the Echo.

Could have been an owl or hawk too. My friend saw an owl get her chihuahua that way. Freaked her completely out. She is a pet fanantic to the 100th degree, loves them more than people it seems to me.
my little dogs are too fat for my local owl to carry off, he is like "you little guys need to loose weight I cant fly with you" :)
that owl is is a pretty big SOB he hangs out around the alley

Thanks Carl. I'm searching for an answer to worn out air filters in my 024s too. They're worn down to the screen. Did you have to replace the filter on your recent 024?
I'm going to experiment with maybe adapting it to a 026 filter and cover since they're so much more common. I think the cover would sit proud of the 024s engine cover.

Back