Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning.
Here you go Steve.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/4926590859.html

Sent from my SM-N910V

Clean old Mac there. Pricy tho.

Morning midlanders.

Warm weather has made it bung holes and elbows here in River City. Blondie keeps dragging me out into the yard. Damn leaves.

Hand washed the famy bus. Turns out we drive a red car.

New fuel pump for the vet next provided I can find one with the inlet in right place.

Goooood morning fellows! Super foggy here in mid Mo. Working onsite today, hoping the sun burns this fog up.
The guy I got the carb kits from yesterday wants to sell me all his Homelite and old stock parts" REAL CHEAP"!

Cylinders and pistons are the only good part of one of them deals. And the rare bits for the really big saws. Use a good bit of caution there grasshopper.

Cylinders and pistons are the only good part of one of them deals. And the rare bits for the really big saws. Use a good bit of caution there grasshopper.
That was my first question. How many pistons and jugs? I wouldn't mind some useable gaskets and carb kits. Good looking out Carl, thanks!

Didn't get to go after the tractor last Saturday. But it looks like the planets are going to be in alignment for this Saturday. Nieces husband told me it has a brazing repair on the engine block. I've heard of brazing or pinning a cracked block on old farm machinery but have never seen it first hand. I sure hope it's not a problem. Anybody ever have dealings with this type of thing before?

It's going to be nice today. I'm glad I have job but wished I didn't have to work for a living. So many things I could be doing outside.
Didn't get to go after the tractor last Saturday. But it looks like the planets are going to be in alignment for this Saturday. Nieces husband told me it has a brazing repair on the engine block. I've heard of brazing or pinning a cracked block on old farm machinery but have never seen it first hand. I sure hope it's not a problem. Anybody ever have dealings with this type of thing before?
we deal with it all of the time, brazing cast tractor parts or welding with nickel and Peening, not a big deal if it's done right. We can even tig weld tiny areas with silica bronze rod on cast.

I've seen that on water jackets several times. Engine coolant freeze because no one checked it before winter.

Mo. Jim and I had a super mini GTG this afternoon. Helped him put a Farm Boss together seeing as how I had lots of recent experience with them.

Did a general refurb on his little Echo. Carb kit and clean up. Piston/cylinder on the way out due to overheating. Found this stuff.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426111744.790913.jpg

Air flow was blocked badly.

Mo. Jim and I had a super mini GTG this afternoon. Helped him put a Farm Boss together seeing as how I had lots of recent experience with them.

Did a general refurb on his little Echo. Carb kit and clean up. Piston/cylinder on the way out due to overheating. Found this stuff.
View attachment 411008

Air flow was blocked badly.
Is that grass growing in there?

Latest posts

Back