Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK fellas I need advise. My neighbor brings me a 281 husky with the two coil ignition system. It idles like a dream but will not accelerate. Which coil do I replace, the upper or the one that is in front of the flywheel? I haven't worked on too many of these is why I'm asking.
Why do you suspect the coil? Shooting ducks when you open the throttle? Popping & cracking?

Most solid state ignitions produce poor spark at low speed. So I'd be picking on the carb/fuel system or hunting an air leak.

And: Morning midlanders!

Not heard form Jim for several days[emoji848]

Why do you suspect the coil? Shooting ducks when you open the throttle? Popping & cracking?

Most solid state ignitions produce poor spark at low speed. So I'd be picking on the carb/fuel system or hunting an air leak.

And: Morning midlanders!

Not heard form Jim for several days[emoji848]
It won't throttle up no matter how rich or lean, idles like a champ. Like it has a rev limiter st 4500 rpm.

Throw the suspect coil in the oven and bake it for a while. I was skeptical until I tried it. I'm sure it won't work every time.

My 801 is doing that too. Starts, idles, free revs but dies like you switched it off under load. Carb kit, new fuel lines, no better. Haven't had time to dig deeper.

Trying to make one runner from two Craftsman 358.350210 (Poulan 295?). One bar stud missing and the other boogered.
Already tossed the extra chassis/tanks. (Dummy!)

Regular 5/16" bolt won't work as the shank needs to be oversize.

Back