old circular saw run from old tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawyer Rob said:
Nice M.... I have two buzz rigs here. Both go on the 3 point hitch, but one is build heavy enough so it will stand alone while your useing it...

picture.JPG

I use it to saw up my slabs into firewood, as like was said they are much faster than a chainsaw... They are also much quieter and cheaper to run too...

Rob
So sawyer rob... how does that one work, does that table slide or move towards the saw or the other way around? Looks like the blade on that one is much bigger that the one in my pics.

So sawyer rob... how does that one work, does that table slide or move towards the saw or the other way around? Looks like the blade on that one is much bigger that the one in my pics.

Yes the table moves into the sawblade and it does have a decent sized blade, but i can't tell you how big off the top of my head.

It works pretty good and being "stand alone" i can run it with a small diesel tractor if i want that just barely sips fuel...

My other one was made by Dearborn and was ment to go on an old Ford. I finally got rid of the Old ford, so i use it on a diesel tractor instead... Actually, i haven't used it since i got this HD one as it's a much better design.

DM

CaseyForrest said:
Thats pretty neat.

Theres a flooring company near where I work that harvest their own timber....They have this processor that has about a 6' diameter circular balde in it. Fully mobile,

Im pretty sure I wouldnt want to be anywhere near it while its running.
big blades are just plain cool to run :) my buddy Tom has a firewood processor with a 52" circ saw blade that just chews through anything

I am going to build a 26" buzz saw this winter that is ran off of my new splitters hydraulics

I have an assembly for one of those rigs. Currently no blade.. though thats not an issue around here. Basically the rod, bearings and the (now what would you call where the belt loops around.. pulley??) attachment. Growing up around the mill in Millinocket Maine.. well lets say my grandfathers best friend had a hook for his hand... so no drinkin' boys!!

Back