Old David Bradley...big one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acke61

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just found an old david bradley sears chainsaw in my old mans garage sitting on shelf for 25 or 30 yrs....

model is 917.60028

pulls over seems to have decent compression...any info on this saw?

0117081208nk5.jpg

Now you do it.

You know it was your Dad's, so you got to get it running and restore just cause it was his. Then wrap it up and give it to him. I wish Pop was around so I could give him his old PL5 back.:)

Any suggestions on where to start? i've never really taken a chainsaw apart except for like the recoil on my xl12...and replacing bars and chains...

i dont think my dad really cares what happens to it...i remember seeing it once about 10 yrs ago and remember him calling all the stuff sitting on that shelf a bunch of junk...

on another note are these old clunkers worth anything

David Bradley

Any suggestions on where to start? i've never really taken a chainsaw apart except for like the recoil on my xl12...and replacing bars and chains...

i dont think my dad really cares what happens to it...i remember seeing it once about 10 yrs ago and remember him calling all the stuff sitting on that shelf a bunch of junk...

on another note are these old clunkers worth anything
Hi; Nice old Bradley, I have a few of them in my collection that are a bit older than yours. You have the newer style frame from around 1965 that made them a little lighter, they use a AH 47 Power Products engine with 77 cc. If it has fire (spark) and the fuel system, lines and carb , are clean and tight and the gas tank not full of crud and varnish you should get it to start up, let us know what you find. They are not worth much money wise but should have some sentimental value for you. Usually sell for between 50 and 100 on eBay. Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back