Old Dirty's new company truck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I have worked around thee phase and higher longer than a young man has been alive and never once have they covered primaries. I have done way worse too pard.

Doesn't seem to be much reason to be doing that. In fact it seems insane to try when its possible not to.
I have worked with guys that said they would have the wires covered but never did, still wanted to do the job. Bidding on something like that is a joke, you just say " this is what it costs". Who wants to compete for that kind of work? I have seen it though, small timers who have to pay bills.
OD, bless yer heart and Treeslayer, nice gig.

Doesn't seem to be much reason to be doing that. In fact it seems insane to try when its possible not to.
I have worked with guys that said they would have the wires covered but never did, still wanted to do the job. Bidding on something like that is a joke, you just say " this is what it costs". Who wants to compete for that kind of work? I have seen it though, small timers who have to pay bills.
OD, bless yer heart and Treeslayer, nice gig.

Well friend it was working for the power company, I agree it should be done on all electrical hazard jobs but then I suppose at the costs involved no one could afford power!

Last edited:
It can be, but you have to define top.
Anyway, where are you these days? Not up North?

my guess is the top is wherever the crane is putting me. 152ft with jib so it definitely along way to the it, the top that is.

when you say north do you mean massachusetts?

What town were those storms in? Was it a microburst? Out here near Worcester we had some wind, but nothing that would bring down trees...

we worked in danvers, middleton, andover, and belmont that day.

Good for ya:cheers: but you mean you have a time clock:confused:

thanks bud. turns out i love the timeclock. OT is a good thing.

Nice work OD!! That is one cool gig!!

I am truly jealous.

i am jealous of your gig brother. fulltime FF with a tree buzz on the side. if you aint fight'n fires you climb'n a tree. YOU the man. lol.

my guess is the top is wherever the crane is putting me. 152ft with jib so it definitely along way to the it, the top that is.

when you say north do you mean massachusetts?

we worked in danvers, middleton, andover, and belmont that day.

thanks bud. turns out i love the time clock. OT is a good thing.

i am jealous of your gig brother. fulltime FF with a tree buzz on the side. if you aint fight'n fires you climb'n a tree. YOU the man. lol.

Yeah... I'm not so sure about that one...

firefighter by day/treeman by weekend??

I'm not hiring just yet.

I'm not hiring just yet.

Shoot if I could afford to hire I would hire ole ghillie or Old Dirty in a New York minute just to know someone is freaking capable is a huge load off the shoulders. It stinks having to do it all but until profits are there I will have to.

LOL!

just some pics of a few storm trees from saturday. and one of today with the chipper. you wanna talk about making life easy for the groundies. the only worry you got is not hitting the sling with the saw or which way to push the butt when it comes to the chipper. you are so right about the chipper talk MDS. thing is a BEAST.

you see why i am burning through prussic cord now? all i do is sling em and cut em. constantly burning through the things. 38ton altec with 127ft of stick, good for about 2k 100ft away. i'm not gonna tell you how i make the cuts but let me tell you this, you'd be very very hard pressed to match the speed of this crew and its equipment. i havent mentioned the 09' international 7400 workstar 4x4 75ft bucket yet have i? they just gotta get it lettered.

but more importantly, i think you all might see why i love my job. lol.

how come the no mention of the 5x bee stung hand from that locust? talk about swollen paw!!! yeeeouch! felt like i let a carpenter practice his hammering skills on my hand! oh well. 15 1/2 hours of OT helped soothe the pain.

btw that mercedes was a kompressor convertible. lol.

That is indeed the perfect tree crane imho. We had a 35 ton with 127' of main boom this spring - thing was sick dog. I've got some good pics of that job... someday I'll figure that posting thing out.

Nice deal with the bucket too. what sort of boom? altec? what did the boss get a package deal?

That is indeed the perfect tree crane imho. We had a 35 ton with 127' of main boom this spring - thing was sick dog. I've got some good pics of that job... someday I'll figure that posting thing out.

Nice deal with the bucket too. what sort of boom? altec? what did the boss get a package deal?

Or is in the mob.

gotta throw a man a bone if he willing to run into a burning building bro. never mind being the first on scene of a pile up. anyway the guy who i put some years in for was a FF and his son is too. had i not f'd up so badly earlier in life, that would be my gig too. oh well, gotta play on. lol.

hey rope, no slinging mud. its a good company, ive heard nothing but good things.

a hiranger on the bucket mds. and turns out its a 2010. nasty, i'll be running it monday. lol. and yes that crane is a stud tree crane. the wire for the computer is in the boom!

i sent treeslayer a video of me on the ball with the jib on. 152ft i think. (i need to replace my rope bridge, its looking a little beat up)

treeB, you sure you'd wanna be out this way considering you a fan of the steelers?

gotta throw a man a bone if he willing to run into a burning building bro. never mind being the first on scene of a pile up. anyway the guy who i put some years in for was a FF and his son is too. had i not f'd up so badly earlier in life, that would be my gig too. oh well, gotta play on. lol.

hey rope, no slinging mud. its a good company, ive heard nothing but good things.

a hiranger on the bucket mds. and turns out its a 2010. nasty, i'll be running it monday. lol. and yes that crane is a stud tree crane. the wire for the computer is in the boom!

i sent treeslayer a video of me on the ball with the jib on. 152ft i think. (i need to replace my rope bridge, its looking a little beat up)

treeB, you sure you'd wanna be out this way considering you a fan of the steelers?

Oldirty not slingin mud friend just has a bunch of dollars there and many mobstas have the dough. I understand he got it from a great market area and good help though.

i grew up other side of the state
Go Eagles!
ill go anywhere to get out of where im workin now!
as long as theres work thats the only reason i stick around cause im get 40-60hrs a week and i know guys doing tree work getting 15-25 so ill take it till someting better comes along
where u at anyway OD

Last edited:
well look at the bright side
the scoop isnt hurt

that scoop got a hole punched directly through the top of it, if you look at the pic though you can see the tachometer made it through and he even wrapped it with a plastic baggie. lol

i grew up other side of the state
Go Eagles!
ill go anywhere to get out of where im workin now!
as long as theres work thats the only reason i stick around cause im get 40-60hrs a week and i know guys doing tree work getting 15-25 so ill take it till someting better comes along
where u at anyway OD

at least you dont like the pittsburgh beef curtains.

yeah, make sure where ever you going they got some work for you.

just outside of beantown brother. bout 20 or so mins north, depending on traffic. could be hours.

I'm not hiring just yet.

LOL... treeman up to 5 days a week plus weekends. Last year from June 'till November I was working at least 30 hours a week in the trees and 48 hours on duty.

EDIT....

You're making me blush OD, I just do a job that needs to be done. I am just lucky enough to be paid for it. Thanks again.

Shoot if I could afford to hire I would hire ole ghillie or Old Dirty in a New York minute just to know someone is freaking capable is a huge load off the shoulders. It stinks having to do it all but until profits are there I will have to.

I will take that as a compliment rope. Thank you.

and of course an great example of yankee laziness, up north they're too good to drag brush like a REAL treeman.

attachment.php

You're just jealous after all the hand dragging we had to do down here

btw that new bucket truck is nasty. gotta love the elevator feature. actually needed it for a couple sling setups and cuts.

cant wait to have to offroad it to a tree. should be fun.

Back