Old Homelite with Auger Setup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjcocn

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Here is one for you Homelite fans.

What can you tell me about this saw and its set up?

HomelitewAugerSetup02Medium.jpg

HomelitewAugerSetup04Medium.jpg

I came across this yesterday. The owner found it in an old trailer that he was hired to demolish.

:cheers:

I read in a book some where the XL and the XL12 engine was used for weed whacker,cut off saws, augers and others. If you get it running and have no use for it put a windlass spool on it to pull logs out with it. Cool find.

Thanks guys. :)

I went back there today to return a Homelite 54 that he couldn't keep running, and also to show him that some screws were missing from the carb on his Jonsered 2065.

Wouldn't you know it? He has no use for that old Homelite and it ended up coming home with me. I will post up once I have it running, but may end up taking the gear box off first to make sure that it is ready to go.

There is an old Clinton D65 there as well that I want, but it belongs to one of his neighbors. Once the neighbor's out of town guests head back out west I will go and talk to him.

Here is the Clinton

Clutch Side
ClintonD65ClutchSideMedium.jpg

Flywheel Side
ClintonD65FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

The Homelite popped with some mix down the spark plug hole, but I will get into the gear box before running it (after a carb rebuild) to make sure that it is good to go.

I was browsing the acres site and the closest in terms of color schemes is the XL-902 AM. That saw (on the acres site) has a green handle and green and white on the recoil cover.

Thanks guys. :)

I went back there today to return a Homelite 54 that he couldn't keep running, and also to show him that some screws were missing from the carb on his Jonsered 2065.

Wouldn't you know it? He has no use for that old Homelite and it ended up coming home with me. I will post up once I have it running, but may end up taking the gear box off first to make sure that it is ready to go.

There is an old Clinton D65 there as well that I want, but it belongs to one of his neighbors. Once the neighbor's out of town guests head back out west I will go and talk to him.

Here is the Clinton

Clutch Side
ClintonD65ClutchSideMedium.jpg

Flywheel Side
ClintonD65FlywheelSideMedium.jpg

wow that clinton engine that is a old engine the last time i saw a clinton engine was way back when i first got started in this repair business in 1988

wow that clinton engine that is a old engine the last time i saw a clinton engine was way back when i first got started in this repair business in 1988

Yes, that is an old one.

It doesn't belong to me yet, but I sure hope that I end up with it. I really like the shape of it.

I have the C72 with a post auger attachment. Yours is quite different. Very interesting

Bill

homelite whatzit

It looks allot like my old Super XL 925 but is missing the manual oiler pump under the choke button. I bought the 925 in 1974 to log with in the Roosevelt National forest in Northern Colorado. When I moved to Texas, I used the 925 to power a motorized bar stool in some crazy races we used to have at the Quietman Bar in Dallas. I had to get rid of the sprocket drive and scrounge a pulley/ clutch setup off a concrete saw. Stupid but fun. Now I'm trying to put the old girl back together as a chainsaw after the indignity of making her do laps and drink beer.
Aint old stuff cool?

I think you're on the right track with the XL-902AM guess. Yours looks the same as my 902AM except for the auger parts:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

From what I've found, there were a couple other 9xx-series models that were available with the green/white color scheme on the side covers, but they were also made in solid-red as well so it can be hard to tell. The 902AM was a Canadian-only model though, so chances are that's what you have. All of those saws in the 9xx series are pretty much identical though with minor differences.

Latest posts

Back