Old Husky new bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skip

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does any one out there have an opinion (like i dont already know the answer to that) as to if a 268xp will handle a 24 in bar, i run a 20 on it now. I use it mainly to buck up for my sawmill, hard and soft woods.

yes, use a skip chain and don't hog down on her too much. I take it you will be using it to cut the long ends off on your bunks?

With a sharp chain, it shouldnt be too bad. its not an optimal setup, but it'll work I think. give it a try and see how you like it. I dont recommend anything larger than a 24" though unless you had a 272XP or larger saw.

Well I ordered a 24 in speed tip and 2 woodsman pro skip tooth chains today from Baileys , Ill let you know how it works out. Thanks for the call on using the skip tooth chain. :greenchainsaw:

No problem, If you have not used a skip chain on lumber before keep in mind of the square corners. that skip chain my want to bite in to the wood harder.
just a thought.

, Got the goods from Baileys on friday tried it out today , Cuts great :chainsaw: :clap: went thru 23in hard maple butt log like a hot knife. like having a new saw. Thanks all.

good to hear

i have a 268 and have been wondering whether i could increase from my 20" bar...thanks for letting us know how it cuts

Latest posts

Back