Old Husky new bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skip

ArboristSite Lurker
Does any one out there have an opinion (like i dont already know the answer to that) as to if a 268xp will handle a 24 in bar, i run a 20 on it now. I use it mainly to buck up for my sawmill, hard and soft woods.

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
With a sharp chain, it shouldnt be too bad. its not an optimal setup, but it'll work I think. give it a try and see how you like it. I dont recommend anything larger than a 24" though unless you had a 272XP or larger saw.

skip

ArboristSite Lurker
Well I ordered a 24 in speed tip and 2 woodsman pro skip tooth chains today from Baileys , Ill let you know how it works out. Thanks for the call on using the skip tooth chain. :greenchainsaw:

manual

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
No problem, If you have not used a skip chain on lumber before keep in mind of the square corners. that skip chain my want to bite in to the wood harder.
just a thought.

skip

ArboristSite Lurker
, Got the goods from Baileys on friday tried it out today , Cuts great :chainsaw: :clap: went thru 23in hard maple butt log like a hot knife. like having a new saw. Thanks all.

Latest posts