Old Husqvarna saw series CD and SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the "CD" stood for Capacitor Discharge (ignition) as opposed to points the previous ones had.. Wild ass guess for SE, but I'm going to say "Second edition"... I may well be wrong there too

I think the "CD" stood for Capacitor Discharge (ignition) as opposed to points the previous ones had.. Wild ass guess for SE, but I'm going to say "Second edition"... I may well be wrong there too

Right regarding CD, but hardly regarding SE.

I'm not sure what the S is for, but a popular guess is "special". I'm pretty sure the E is for "electronic".

Maybe S for pro series E for Electronic .I think 162 was the first with it could be wrong.You are right on the heated handles I bought my 162 se brand new in 1979 but did not buy the heated handles .Young and dumb.
Kash

All I really know about the S, is that it was used for distinguish pro saws (that wasn't CD) from about 1970, until replaced by XP in the mid to late 1980s.
How does the 480CD and 2100's fit into there, There were both styles of 2100's right? XP and CD? I know covers may have gotten swapped around, but I know I've seen 2100's with CD on the recoil cover and XP on the air filter cover..

How does the 480CD and 2100's fit into there, There were both styles of 2100's right? XP and CD? I know covers may have gotten swapped around, but I know I've seen 2100's with CD on the recoil cover and XP on the air filter cover..

The 480 always was CD, and the 2100 first was a CD for about a decade, and then XP for a while in 1997 (likely just for a few months, before becoming the 2101XP). The 298XP was the first XP in that saw family (early 1986).

Back in 1979/80 there was talk about an improved "extra power" 2100, but that designation only appeared in marketing and articles for a short while back then, and the improved saws still said CD on them.

Back