Old Husqvarna saw series CD and SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd let you all know, I picked up a great shape early series 162SE... any particular thoughts on this model?

That is the first saw on the platform that became the 266/66/61/268/272/Jred 630/625/670. It uses the same top end as the Jonsered 630. Good saws, easy to work on and there is still a lot of parts out there for them.

Good to know, thanks. I love the black/orange era Huskies. I was surprised to see on Acresinternet it lists it was available with a 28" bar... seems a lot for a 62cc saw.

Capacitive Discharge (CD)
"SE" is short for a Swedish word that means "professional" . They used the SE identifier on their professional (high end) sewing machines as well (wife has one, NOT me)..

Don't forget English speakers.. Somethings don't translate letter for letter since the words are completely different.

The 1959 Husqvarna MS90 has the MS because it is short for "Motorsag" (with goofy thing over the a) which is Swedish (loosely) for "Cutting Machine".

German is very close to Swedish when it comes to the MS word (as stihl identifies their saws as MS) which is "Motorsaege".. which is German for "Cutting machine". There is an umlaut over the a in "motorsage" for german but since I don't have an umlaut on my keyboard, it is replaced by placing an e after the a.

hope that makes sense.

Here's what I know. First let's not get the 162 confused with either the 162 SE or SG. The SG had a heated handle. I don't really know what SE or SG really stood for. But the original 162 without the letters was not the same saw as the SE/SG's. The 162's we ran in BC , and I still have the parts manual they used to give you with a new saw . The SG and SE part # cylinder 504 12 60 58 48mm. Ring and piston 501 51 12 01. Crankshaft 290 12 30 01. The 162 cylinder 503 26 88 22 49 mm ring and piston 501 53 66 02A, 03B, 04C. They had A,B, and C bores like the 61's but 2 piston rings. The crankshaft 503 27 80 01. The SE/SG's had the same crank shaft and piston ring as the early 61. The 162 had no common part #'s. It was a different saw than the later SE/SG models. I never saw SG or SE on the tag until Electrolux. The 162 that came out in 76 was 62.5 CC and had 4.4 hp. The SE/SG were 61.5 cc with 4.1 HP.

Capacitive Discharge (CD)
"SE" is short for a Swedish word that means "professional" . They used the SE identifier on their professional (high end) sewing machines as well (wife has one, NOT me)..

Don't forget English speakers.. Somethings don't translate letter for letter since the words are completely different.

The 1959 Husqvarna MS90 has the MS because it is short for "Motorsag" (with goofy thing over the a) which is Swedish (loosely) for "Cutting Machine".

German is very close to Swedish when it comes to the MS word (as stihl identifies their saws as MS) which is "Motorsaege".. which is German for "Cutting machine". There is an umlaut over the a in "motorsage" for german but since I don't have an umlaut on my keyboard, it is replaced by placing an e after the a.

hope that makes sense.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

"S" was used on early pro saws. When electronic ignition came around "CD" was for capacitor discharge. Then as electronic ignition started trickling down, "SE" were pro saws with electronic ignition. "SG" was a pro saw with a generator for heated handles.

Latest posts

Back