old iron.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bid cheap! She may turn out to be a good skidder, but that ol' gal has been rode hard and put up wet more than once.
I can see $10,000 before she goes back to work, and that's if she still runs and rolls.

Andy

It looked a lot worse in person, funny how the camera makes it look a lot better sometimes. Runs and moves, blade works, winch works, just an ugly old girl. It would make a good big brother for my 200 its kinda the same vintage. I love how it looks, It just shows how tough those old things are. If I get it id just clean it up, and leave it just like that. Its got gobbs or grease and oil everywhere Im amazed it hasent burnt to the ground before it was done working.

Yep, them old TJ's are tougher than a boot. If it's just going to be a yard ornament you'll be alright. But if you plan on workin' her much, price tires. That's 8 of the $10k I saw from here. I can see those old rags leaving you on the side of a hill before the week was up.

Andy

Dunno mabey, I got one on my 200 with a bolt on patch thats holding a 6 inch gash together,bald as a babys ass. I ran her everyday for 5 years doing house lots never had any trouble,knock on wood. But Id just retire the old thing,mabey do some work when it comes my way, But nothing serious. I just dont wanna see it go to china.

What, is that place some kind of skidder heaven or something ?

Looks like its Nash Equipment in Colebrook,NH. If it is, that 'ol Jack aint goin anywhere. They been there for many many years. They set their prices sky high.

skidder heaven

This is more like a skidder hell, it is nashs place. They do have crazy prices,but I have made deals before. It seemed like they were willing to make a deal, but Ill find out I guess.

This is more like a skidder hell, it is nashs place. They do have crazy prices,but I have made deals before. It seemed like they were willing to make a deal, but Ill find out I guess.

They paint them up nice and ask 3 times the value of the machine.

I wonder about them . When brush starts growing up thru them like the Case .

What model is the old TJ . ?

One thing its easy to see when there are alot of machines together like that is which ones are easiest to get on and off of . That Case would require a chocker setter . You can see the cab floor over thetop of the tire .

Last edited:
Back