Old Lopi 380 - experiences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arborealbuffoon

arborealbuffoon

Wood Wh@re
Just "borrowed" an old Lopi 380 from a buddy and installed it in a 22' x 45' warehouse/mancave. Finally fired her up on the 17th of last month..wondering how it would do with my 22 foot high roof peak. So far, I must say, I am pleasantly surprised. Of all the stoves I've owned and/or operated, this one is quickly working its way to the top of my favorites. I really like the front and rear air controls, and with proper fuel and burn rates the glass doors stay amazingly clear. Finally dug the mouse nests out of the blower assembly today, and it sure seems to move a fair amount of heat out the front. I just don't like the noise.

I have read a fair number of posts on the 'net where folks basically called these stoves scrap iron. Obviously, it may prove that I am stupid for my opinion of the stove. It probably doesn't hurt that it has a good, tall and proper chimney going straight through the roof about four feet down from the peak. Who knows.

I was very curious about others' experience running this type of stove.

Latest posts