Old Mac 120 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diesel JD

Diesel JD

ArboristSite Guru
Hey I know there are a couple of old Mac fanatics here. My grandfatehr had a 120 that still sits in my grandma's shed and has most of the 16+ years he's been gone. She's fixing to move and I plan on getting the saw if I can. It still seems like a great little pruning and climbing saw, but it has a cracked clutch/drum assy. Are these parts still available without breaking the bank? Thanks,
J.D.

Al Smith

Al Smith

Addicted to ArboristSite
They are little nightmares to work on.You have to about field strip one to get to anything.I've got one that is sucking bar oil through the crankcase and is giving me fits.I will have to say that running correctly they cut pretty good for a tiny little saw.

Diesel JD

Diesel JD

ArboristSite Guru
My grandfather did some amazing things with this saw, treated like I do my 025. Really, i don't plan to do any serious work with it, just to fix it up for its sentimental value and work with it in certain situations. I'm not that crazy about a climbing saw with no chainbrake

Latest posts