Old Mall two man chainsaw find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Guy at work is digging through his dads stuff to sell. He has this old mall chainsaw. This thing is one heavy beast and will need a complete restoration to bring it back to life. Anybody have one?
IMG_20130823_160601_918_zps2868c1ac.jpg
IMG_20130823_141038_849_zps409071fa.jpg

Nice garage,what else is in there?Are those garden pullers in the background?You need to take that home.It would look nice with a coat of 2150.

Last edited:
Looks like it is all there. That is a good find. Especially if you can get it for a good price. Fully restored and even in running condition they can fetch a pretty hefty sum in some cases. The two man saws also have a rather large collector base unlike most of the older saws of that era.

Nice garage,what else is in there?Are those garden pullers in the background?You need to take that home.It would look nice with a coat of 2150.

That pic was taken in our new shop at work in the lawn and garden area. Those are some pullers. Are you an IH guy? Most people don't know IH paint #'s

That pic was taken in our new shop at work in the lawn and garden area. Those are some pullers. Are you an IH guy? Most people don't know IH paint #'s
Yeah,even my lawn mowers are red,782 w/Magnum 18 repower,682 w/rototiller.Not to mention a 560d,706d,all Ih hay equipment(allthough I'm thinking about an 8340 MoCond) more fast hitch stuff than I care to list.My kid swears if I ever bring home a Deere he'll light it on fire.I guess you could say I'm an IH guy.Hell,I even had an IH dozer(now if the guy that bought it would just come get it)

Back in the 70's I bought a couple of those at a farm auction, they had "Mercury Kiekhafer" motors on them if I remember correctly. Like most farm machinery down here, they had been used until they died, then brought back to life and used until they died again....

I was thinking they would make a pretty neat go kart engine, but after both were torn down I realized I couldn't even consolidate the parts to get a runner so lost interest and they probably got sold for scrap at some point, I'm embarrassed to admit.

I don't know what your location is but I was in Mayport Pa last week working on a large square baler. That's about a 3 3/4 hr drive for me. I make it out there a few times every year.

No big square balers in my area yet.Would like to see one of the custom operators get one,awful hard to make a 40K baler pencil on the farm size around here.

Back