Old Mighty Murc Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A leaking cylinder will reduce splitting force but will not cause the engine to bog down. The engine will bog when excessive pressure is reached. Excessive pressure can be caused by the bypass valve for the high volume section failing to open if you have a 2-stage pump or the relief valve fails to open in the control valve.

Pics of the pump, cylinder ,and control valve could help in figuring out the problem.

Can anyone recommend a hydraulic oil filter for Mighty Murc Wood Splitter Model 875 RC? Have been using a Carquest filter but it leaks. Thank you.

Can anyone recommend a hydraulic oil filter for Mighty Murc Wood Splitter Model 875 RC? Have been using a Carquest filter but it leaks. Thank you.
Hi Kemp.welcome to AS. do you have any pics? i googled some but don't see where the filter is located. napa has some good hydraulic filters. most splitters require a 10 micron filter.

Hi Kemp.welcome to AS. do you have any pics? i googled some but don't see where the filter is located. napa has some good hydraulic filters. most splitters require a 10 micron filter.

Here's a scan of it from the manual -- oil filter is part #46. Does that help? Otherwise I can get a photo. I am trying to help my colleague find a filter that will work. Thank you!

Attachments

• WoodSplitter.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
Here's a scan of it from the manual -- oil filter is part #46. Does that help? Otherwise I can get a photo. I am trying to help my colleague find a filter that will work. Thank you!
By the way, it's the shape of the filter casing that is causing the leak -- it doesn't seat properly.

The Mighty Murc 950 LL and 550DX would have taken the same oil filter as 875 RC -- so if someone is using a filter successfully on one of these models somewhere, we'd like to know what filter is fitting well. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back