Old Pioneer Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sven440

Reaction score
Anybody out there sitting on a pile of Old Pioneers?
I need parts for a P60.
I beleive the P61 and P62 were also identical - all around 100cc.
Flywheel and ignition are the parts I am looking for but would also buy a complete saw for parts if available.

Thanks

Sven, I got em! Trouble is there were many different ignitions for that series. You have to have the correct flywheel and correct ignition to make everything work. Is yours a two piece or single module? What color is it? Does it mount on the barrel with screws straight across or stagered? Even if I send a working ignition with flywheel it may not bolt to you barrel. We can e-mail each other and get you what you need. Mike

I'm pretty sure that some of these modules are shared with Homelite saws. The one that looks like it should work is part # A93414 for Homelite. Now I'm not saying this for sure but they appear to be very similar.

PHELON lists Pioneer#'s P-42, 42S, 52, 52S, & P-62, 62S as having a similar part # as HOMELITE XL, S2,240...etc but the last letter is different.

Bill

I know the coils your talking about Bill. They do look exactly same for Pioneer. Do you know what Homelite application the coil is I refered to in my previous post? Its part # A93414

No
My cross-reference is too old. the part I referred to is 94711CS
The onr you refer to was mfgd until 1992, whatever it was.

Hey Pioneer, I checked thst homelite ignition at the local shop and they also said it looks the same but would have to try it to be sure. I thought it was you but I'm not sure, that told me that homelite part number goes to a homelite 410. Anyway, that is the saw that it goes on and they're also hard to come by. I'd like to try a used one before buying a new one to see if they work. Anybody have a used working homlite 410 ignition?

I found a company:
Raceway Products
(503) 588-7227
[email protected]
They claim to have:
N.O.S. IGNITION PARTS FOR R.E. PHELON (REPCO) FLYWHEEL MAGNETOS & BATTERY IGNITION SYSTEMS - SMALL ENGINES, CHAIN SAWS, SCOOTERS, OUTBOARD MOTORS, ETC.
For:
MC CULLOCH, CLINTON, HOMELITE, TECUMSEH, POWER PRODUCTS, CUSHMAN, STIHL, SIMPLEX, MERCURY MARINE, SOLO, AMERICAN LINCOLN, K0HLER, MONARK, CRESCENT, JOHN DEERE, CHRYSLER/ WEST BEND, ALPINE, PIONEER SAWS, LAUSON, RYOBI, JAKOBSON, JOBU, HUSQUAVARNA.

Last edited:
R.E.Phelon (REPCO) & WICO/Prestolite

I can cross most ignition systems for chainsaws/Trimmers etc for both R.E.Phelon (REPCO) & WICO/Prestolite. Usually you just need to know your model#, or the # on your flywheel.
Feel free to find what the savings are.

When I contacted prestolite they said they sold the ignition part of the business to Standard Magneto sales. I contacted them and they couldn't locate the coil with the Pioneer part number but said there is a good chance that they still have some. I have to mail them the old coil so they can check. It will take a couple of weeks to know for sure but i will let you guys know what I found out.
BillW, I guess I'm not sure what you are saying? can you get these parts?

R.E.Phelon (REPCO) & WICO/Prestolite

Due to age of my cross-reference (abt 1981) the info is only valid for the older saws.
The P-41(1979), P-42 (1981) & P-50 (1974) used solid state WICO/Prestolite.

I finally got one of those Homelite coils from Manufacturer's Supply that I included the link for above. All that I had to do was to extend the slots in the mounting holes about a quarter inch to make it work on my P42. This fixed my saw and it now runs better than it ever has. Hope this info helps someone else.

miller87t

The coil in question part number 507 476339 is still a current Poulan part number as it fits the Poulan PRO 405, 455, 655 saws. The parts list for some of the P42 saws will show a part number 475953 and this changes up to the above. It is a Phelon made module.

NO The P60 was designed with mounting posts on the cylinder for a WICO ignition module and when that tooling broke the cylinder was re-designed to take the Phelon module. There is (was)a replacement kit consisting of cylinder, piston, flywheel and module.

Hello I know this is an old thread but today I made a Husqvarna 365 coil fit on a pioneer P61. Just slotted the one hole in the center of the coil towards the coil itself and made a piece work for the second mount. It works great and runs good. Way cheaper then trying to find the original coil for that saw when they were all bad for loosing spark. Bit mickey mouse but it works.

I used a black unlimited coil but probably could have used a blue coil too. The second screw mount was to hold the coil back from pivoting towards the flywheel, I didn't want to try to weld a nut to the existing coil so came up with this idea. Seems to work good hasn't moved, and that stuff on the coil by the screw is seal all where I ground back the body of the coil but after finishing it I think I didn't have to grind back the body at all. Surprisingly runs awesome, before I finished it I was worrying if it would be way off time but nope doesn't kick back through the pull handle when starting, and runs great through all the rpm. I don't have a way to check the timing with a timing light etc. Just had the kill wire off to show the coil, other then that all works good when connected.

Latest posts

Back