old saw runs on fuel oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tap tap tap :popcorn: tap tap tap......

(waiting for pics)

I enjoy a good success story, even when it's not me making the cash off it.

Comet Diesel Chainsaw

Google says one collector paid $1,800 for a Comet diesel chainsaw. If this is true, $25 is like stealing candy from a baby.

Scroll down on the Vintage Chainsaw webpage. There are pics and specs.
VINTAGE CHAINSAW COLLECTION
Second model of Worlds first diesel chain saw. 3 models exists...A-B and C. MANUFACTURED BY:COMET (COMO M &T BJERKE) STOCKHOLM SWEDEN INTRODUCED: 1950 ...
http://vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com/

Chain Saw Collectors Corner
This would be the last model of the Comet and it was produced until sometime in 1954. In 1954, Jonsereds became involved in the chainsaw industry and, ...
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...2bbf7691752bc9c088256c29004f9fef?OpenDocument

This just keeps getting better and better! I am eagerly awaiting pics as much as everyone else is. Probably gonna be a few days before my friend can get over there. Dad says the saw is cleaning up pretty well, most of the original paint is intact. How would you handle trying to start this beast?

Do you know what the other saws the guy had are?

He had a bunch of old homelites, david bradleys?, wards, and a mall, but my dad said he sold a bunch of them at the yard sale, only had a couple of non runners left. Whoever bought the rest of the saws lost out big time! They picked the wrong ones. Everything was 20-50 bucks, the seller was in his late 70's and was going to move to assisted living. His wife passed away last year and he's getting to be in rough shape. He told my dad that the comet was a runner, last ran in the mid eighties. Hope it is still in good condition.

This just keeps getting better and better! I am eagerly awaiting pics as much as everyone else is. Probably gonna be a few days before my friend can get over there. Dad says the saw is cleaning up pretty well, most of the original paint is intact. How would you handle trying to start this beast?

The letter on acres indicates how it should be started. The procedure seems to be fairly simple. Maybe the seller could jot down a few instructions?

It would be awesome to see and hear a Comet diesel chainsaw running in a video.

Last edited:
Back