Old Saws and things

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if y'all are getting all those axes, I am interested in that one double bit Hibbard. I want to replace my Commie axe with it. I'm also looking for a stanley stone axe. I intend to work them.

Good Evening all I am new to this site so pardon the lack of know-how on postings and such. I have a question about a Stihl chainsaw from maybe the 60's. If anyone knows anyone that could help me learn abit more about this saw it would be greatly appreciated.

I would say you should provide a bit of information about the make and model if they are legible, or if not, a clear and concise description would be nice, and/or a nice snapshot-quality image attachment here.

Perhaps you can find it at http://www.acresinternet.com/ where you'll see a pertinent link right in the middle of the page.

Let us know either way, now that you've got our attention.

Glen

Gypo Logger said:
It's amazing the things you find in the bush.
John

hey now.. no making fun of wringer washers. I use one.

a maytag model E2 for the curious..

I have a twin cylinder hit and miss motor for a Maytag it has a kick start and it also runs

macman101a said:
I have a twin cylinder hit and miss motor for a Maytag it has a kick start and it also runs
Yeah, but a <i>real</i> man will drop-start it anyway.

Never tried to drop start a washing machine but have kick started a few saws. I am left handed, no smart ass comments now and used to drop start the big guys holding them with the bar next to my leg. Don't do that anymore.

Back