Old Stihls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dayto

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey every one ,

I just picked up great little 034AV , and also a 041 (No Brake) I have had this one for years always ran great but last time using it it started to bog out , having no power but still trying to run and now it wont run at all? Filter are all good , carbs seems to look ok , any ideas?

ANd aslo
what cc is the 034 , 041? and what model did these saws tun into?

The 034 is 56.5 cc unless its an 034Super, then its 61.5 cc. Great old saw! Love mine. The 041 I dont know

Hey every one ,

I just picked up great little 034AV , and also a 041 (No Brake) I have had this one for years always ran great but last time using it it started to bog out , having no power but still trying to run and now it wont run at all? Filter are all good , carbs seems to look ok , any ideas?

ANd aslo

The 041 vibrates the carb mounting loose and needs new fuel and impulse lines ever few years. I put longer studs/screws and red locktite everywhere I could on my 041 AVE super. 61 and 72 CC's for the 041's.

Hey every one ,

ANd aslo

O34 is a great cutter and packs well in a truck toolbox or where ever.
I use blue loctite on 041' s except on the muffler screws (Where I had most of my problem.) There I started using a tiny drop of hi heat loctite, not sure how well it will work in the long haul but expect it will help keep them from vibrating out. If the 041 is non AV the vibration is irratable to me, But not the AV. A good sprocket with a good chain that isn't stretched will help keep vibration down also.
I find both those saws very reliable and I do not feel handicapped with how fast they cut when I compare them to running newer saws several hours a day. They do vibrate more and fill up the aircleaners quicker then the later saws but the reliability is hard to beat and its easy to get your money back from them in more then 1 way.

Latest posts

Back