Old veteran requests supervision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought when I looked at it first thing this morning. But now a bunch more has disappeared. More that I won't have to pay to get hauled away. Tonight I'll pull the ad.

Since this worked so well, it gave me the idea to run another ad with photos of the stump and the debris pile with a request for someone to quote to grind the stump and haul away the rest.

I think it costs 5 bucks to post a ad in the gig section but you will probably get a good response.
You'll probably get someone who will grind the stump but maybe not. you will get a bunch of people who will haul the branches probably for fairly cheap dont make it a requirement to do both. obviously the branches are more the priority

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

n--good point about wording it such that it is two separate jobs I'm looking to complete, so that a guy with a truck can tackle just the haul.

Just got a call (already!) from a guy who'll haul the lot for $300. And, while I was typing the last, got a text from someone who wants to do it, but waiting for a price from him. And while I was typing the second sentence a guy called and said he'll haul it all for $200!!! He's on his way. :):):)

No, I know better. He might take one look at how much is there and change his mind on the price. And I forgot to mention that I have 6 large bags full of sawdust and clippings that aren't in the photo. :(

When he saw the amount of branches he changed his estimate to $500. Still chasing down someone.

A couple guys showed up with a pretty good sized truck and have begun loading. They'll try to get it all in one load for $300. I just sharpened the chainsaw for them so they could consolidate the load better.

I can get rid of the bags one at a time without too much trouble. Those rounds were too heavy for me to lift--that's why no one took them. I had the guys load them first, in case they run out of room.

Well, another giant step for mankind. The hauler just left. By using the chainsaw A LOT (they threw the chain 3 times :) ) they managed to get everything except the bags squished into their truck. I'll happily get rid of the bags a little at a time.

So nice to see this stuff gone.

I don't have a good photo of the truck, but it was a 1990-ish GMC cab-forward diesel with an extremely heavy duty steel-sided flatbed with heavy steel gates. Those guys worked like mules and never took a break.

Edit to add I learned there is a $70 dumping fee.

Latest posts

Back