older Husky - gas leaks into oil compartment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunky

Reaction score
I was going to empty the chain oil tank to bring the saw in for sharpening and when I tilted the saw to drain the tank, gasoline ran out. Most oil had already leaked out into a pan I keep under it for that purpose that had no gas in it. I've never tried draining the oil tank this way before because it usually just leaks out. I did not notice any problem when last running the saw. Before you jump to the conclusion that I put gas in the oil chamber - I didn't. Just curious if anyone knows of this problem with these older model saws before i go tearing into it to see if I can find the problem. Not practical to take to a repair place since I'm off the road system and would have to ship the saw out hazmat. I'm pretty handy, anyway. (because I'm not handsome).

Attachments

• PXL_20210811_043704132.jpg
    PXL_20210811_043704132.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Check the o rings on the manual oil over ride push button assembly. I’m not sure if it runs through an opening in the gas tank before it’s in the oil tank. Maybe the oring failed, I haven’t had those pumps out in decades.

Check the o rings on the manual oil over ride push button assembly. I’m not sure if it runs through an opening in the gas tank before it’s in the oil tank. Maybe the oring failed, I haven’t had those pumps out in decades.
Thank you! That gives me a good starting point. Appreciate the reply!

Like I said I’m not sure but I’d look there first. Next I’d check that oil side plate on the lower left side.

Go to partstree.com and look for Husqvarna chain saws look for 2100 and see the parts drawing.

Back