older saw guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rygel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK I have a old Mac 3200 that my good Buddie wanted repaired. (have been a mechanic,cars and heavy equip, for 10 years and repaired 4-5 of the company saws) So i get it on the bench and all the fuel lines were dry rotted to include the fuel bulb. I found everything i needed and put it back together the way i would of thought . The one line in the tank is hooked to the inline filter to the suction on the fuel bubble and the other line I'm guessing is a return? It will crank and run a few seconds then die.
The carb setting were 6full turns H, 5 full turns L. This is way different then the Husky saws so i'm wondering if it is right. I'm gonna try to do my first attachment of a diagram i drew -hope it helps if anyone has any ideas.

6 turns out,hmmmmmmmmmm, try 1 and a quarter and see what happens. Most older saws ran around one and a quarter. 6 seems like nothing I've ever heard of before. Thats a longgggggggggggggg way out...

LOL- same thing i was thinking- i didnt notice after it would run a few secs and die- i would get a little raw fuel out the muffler. Was hopeing it wasnt something in the carb as parts arent dime a dozen for these.

Rygel said:
LOL- same thing i was thinking- i didnt notice after it would run a few secs and die- i would get a little raw fuel out the muffler. Was hopeing it wasnt something in the carb as parts arent dime a dozen for these.
I never fooled much with them ole yellow bumble bee saws, them Macs. I still see alot of 10-10 Macs out there still running strong. As for the carb Stihl goes with a 1 turn out method as a starting point meaning if the saw is ok and everything else is ok it should fire up and run at one turn out. May not be right but thats the starting point. Once ya getter warmed up abit re-adjust till she's perking coffee...

Ok after much pulling and more pulling- the thing will start and run for a sec. then die. So i noticed if i push the bubble after a sec fuel comes out the adjustment screws- so i pulled the carb down an cleaned eveything-all seemed ok. What i did notice is the diaphram is kinda hard. instead of moving like a soft one it kinda pops alittle. I'm guessing i would have to get lucky to find a kit for it but im gonna try. ANYONE havve any old parts kits laying around? Is a model 3200 numbers on the carb are.....WT347.

Key the carb # into the search feature here at AS. You can also try Bailey's (a sponsor of AS), or maybe Manufactorers Supply Co. If it's a proprietery carb that requires a hard-to-find kit, try one of the chainsaw/small engine parts stores on eBay. Good luck!

Found it!!!!!!!!!!!! After calling Baileys and they were VERY VERY helpful they gave me 5 different numbers. I called 4 of them and found it. $14. for a part thats almost obsolete isnt bad! Thanks all for the help!

I am no expert, however I did just rebuild a Mac 2014. I think that you have the lines backwards.

The fuel line with filter should come into the right hand side.

The primer bulb actually SUCKS the fuel through the carb and dumps the excess back into the tank.

Thats how mine worked and it runs well.

Rygel said:
OK I have a old Mac 3200 that my good Buddie wanted repaired. (have been a mechanic,cars and heavy equip, for 10 years and repaired 4-5 of the company saws) So i get it on the bench and all the fuel lines were dry rotted to include the fuel bulb. I found everything i needed and put it back together the way i would of thought . The one line in the tank is hooked to the inline filter to the suction on the fuel bubble and the other line I'm guessing is a return? It will crank and run a few seconds then die.
The carb setting were 6full turns H, 5 full turns L. This is way different then the Husky saws so i'm wondering if it is right. I'm gonna try to do my first attachment of a diagram i drew -hope it helps if anyone has any ideas.

You keep saying words like old and obsloete like this is a old saw isn't the 3200 series of kmart saws what led to the companys demise in the late 90's the WT Walboro is a current design this saw maybe 8-10 yrs old at the latest prob not even that old. I wouldn't even be wasting my time on this saw but thats my 2 cents
Scott

Yeah I know its only 8-10 years old. That is way way old in at our company. So i just put it into that catagory. Its not like you can go buy a NEW one. So i wouldnt call it new. Thanks daemon2525 i will try it! The lines were all busted up and half gone so you may have just saved me some time!

Yeah I know its only 8-10 years old. That is way way old in at our company. So i just put it into that category. Its not like you can go buy a NEW one. So i couldn't call it new. Thanks daemon2525 i will try it!

Back