Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could not hit the side of a barn if you tried to walk into it. Are you really so much a schmuck?
Ropes, i have yet to see what you did with the butt.

Like ya are kiddin right I click it and it shows the log wrapped twice with the ratchet binders. I prefer them over heavy dern chains we dern tree men
lift enough and wag enough heavy stuff around those dern binders are
a break :laugh: oldirty what the heck happened in the video them dern
utube things take me friggin hours to load on my connection.

Like ya are kiddin right I click it and it shows the log wrapped twice with the ratchet binders. I prefer them over heavy dern chains we dern tree men
lift enough and wag enough heavy stuff around those dern binders are
a break :laugh: oldirty what the heck happened in the video them dern
utube things take me friggin hours to load on my connection.

I get the idea but I can't see it no matter how I try. So it was a winched pull, ratchet the trunk and notch the best you could?

I get the idea but I can't see it no matter how I try. So it was a winched pull, ratchet the trunk and notch the best you could?

10/4 and a snubbed rope just for backup, the 20000 lb winch pulled it
against lean, as I started to back cut the ratchet binders stopped a
for sure barberchair and the rope was a safety should winch fail,
it has never failed just better safe than sorry! I might have climbed
it if it were not so blasted windy and the owner called and said a good
storm was approaching! We got it down just in time fifteen minutes
after the bucking photo ahbl and hail snapped limbs etc.

Here is a pic showing the lean but it was a little worse than the pics show,
wife was the camspert:laugh:

Last edited:
10/4 and a snubbed rope just for backup, the 20000 lb winch pulled it
against lean, as I started to back cut the ratchet binders stopped a
for sure barberchair and the rope was a safety should winch fail,
it has never failed just better safe than sorry! I might have climbed
it if it were not so blasted windy and the owner called and said a good
storm was approaching! We got it down just in time fifteen minutes
after the bucking photo ahbl and hail snapped limbs etc.

I did the old restart to my computer and now I see it. The straps were very wise. I do remember it from you old post now too. I think you did it the best way. Good job manipulating the most powerful force we have as tree guys- THE NOTCH. May the force be with you always.

hey rope. congrats on your 4000th post.

Wow 4000 times even five minutes gosh fellas we are spending
time, almost feel were family! Thanks oldirty, maybe I will be around
several more thousand and by then can make a contribution or
something! I might even learn how to punctuate proper again:laugh:

Wow 4000 times even five minutes gosh fellas we are spending
time, almost feel were family! Thanks oldirty, maybe I will be around
several more thousand and by then can make a contribution or
something! I might even learn how to punctuate proper again:laugh:

You are the one guilty of running this thread into the far-off! Nice to meetcha.

Nice pics OD. All I see when I look at that moose are crosshairs. I could picture the .338 Winchester Mag slipping right behind his shoulder, watching the energy shock his frame and buckle him feet up in the ditch. That's all I see.

went out for a ride to day up to flattop.

Holy ####! did you see the size off that moose? Let one of these yuppsters in there saabs around here hit one of those. I guess you kind of have to stop, huh? I would hate to see a dead one on the side off the road. But i guess a bear would just haul it off pretty quick.
Seen any big birds flying across the sky? Lot more hawks and there are some bald eagles around here now they stopped killing em. We were up on frog hollow rd where we mer "killer' , a rather large and confident redtail who was grabbing squirrells right and left.
Also, in a tall poplar I was able to look down into a nest of redtail babies with mom flying in and out. Lots of other birds of prey too.

Last edited:
Nice pics OD. All I see when I look at that moose are crosshairs. I could picture the .338 Winchester Mag slipping right behind his shoulder, watching the energy shock his frame and buckle him feet up in the ditch. That's all I see.

i dont htink you can pull the trigger inside city limits. thats why they hang around like they do. i thought i heard something about them tagging more grizzles inside city limits than outside this year on their annual count or something.

that big boy was walking to me after i hopped out the car to take a couple pics. i told him tman was coming up for a ride and he took off running. (last pic in the moose group)

I saw a jackass hitting one with a saab, in my mind the moose was fine. That's a lot of moose meat!

Nontheless, my minds eye is still a rifle scope. You know how when you see trees you picture the limbs being felled, the rigging, and the cuts, thats how I see wild animals.

Nontheless, my minds eye is still a rifle scope. You know how when you see trees you picture the limbs being felled, the rigging, and the cuts, thats how I see wild animals.

do you eat the heart after you kill it? thats what i want to hear about. cut it out and take a bite of it?

tman ive only seen 1 bald eagle bird of prey wise. need to got to new places up here for that i guess. alot of big ass raven and crow.

that last set of pics the road on the left is the only way out of town. heads south along the inlet.

still looking for that grizzle

i dont htink you can pull the trigger inside city limits. thats why they hang around like they do. i thought i heard something about them tagging more grizzles inside city limits than outside this year on their annual count or something.

that big boy was walking to me after i hopped out the car to take a couple pics. i told him tman was coming up for a ride and he took off running. (last pic in the moose group)

There is the islands down in the carolina's with the wild horses that swim from and to the islands. Asateuge and Chinkatuege. You can camp and everything just don't get pissed if you step in horse hockey or the get the beer and doritos. We had one half in the van getting a contact high. He liked it , hung out all night.
I would definatley try to ride that sob, I would wear my x-games helmet and a cup.
Try to makes friends with one, you can ride it to work. Kinda of like Arnold rides a big assed camel in Conan. Make sure to have you big saw across you back, beard is good.
when you accomplish that you and we will know you have transcended into the utmost Alaskan Tree Guy in the world.

Latest posts

Back