Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course not Rope, lol.

Here is a picture of Chaz and his pickup full of campfire popple.

DSCN1874.jpg

He's 6'5" or 6'6", and I have noticed a striking resemblence to Oldirty. Hiiiooooooo.

He started working for me at the shop and we soon found out he was and excellent worker and a master mechanic, so we started bringing him on tree jobs. Soon he bought his own sadde, spikes, and flipline and we sold him a pretty good Echo tophandle. He's getting better all the time. When he started he said he didn't even know that arbor work existed. At 31, he's got a good base to start from, a lot of talent, and most importantly a good work ethic. We like it because we can split our crew into 2 groups of 2 and get more jobs done simultaneously. We do have another great worker we bring in for ground work at times.

Last edited:
Sounds good beats nothing like good help hard to come by and
worthy of your best dollar! Sounds like he met a great friend to
steer him to success, we all must mentor and help the youth
to make a living. Six six my good friend is six six and great minded
it is great to see young persons that get it:clap:

Take it from the Yes man...

Yes, man. The variety of personalities is what keeps this post dynamic. I don't know a lot of these fellas, but I swear I've met them all, somewhere before. Oldirty, thanks for positn' the moose.

Yes, man. The variety of personalities is what keeps this post dynamic. I don't know a lot of these fellas, but I swear I've met them all, somewhere before. Oldirty, thanks for positn' the moose.

Hey I climbed in your town back in 89 t tom! We may have met buddy! It would have been in the basswoods,Boxelders,or as ya'all
called them poples:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm constantly correcting the hillbillies around here on that "popple" term. It's useless, that's what they call poplars around here. As far as box elders go, I've never met one that wasn't ant-infested. I'm not sure about basswood, does it go by another name? 1989, you're dating yourself, bro'. We may have crossed paths. I'll have to review these posts and look for your mug.

Rope, Aspen is what we call Popple around here I believe. Basswood and Boxelder are still called Basswood and Boxelder. All sh1tty trees in my opinion. I like to call them big weeds, though they are excellent to learn to climb on. Good spike penetration and hinging, makes em good practice for beginners. Tear em up and no one cares.

Last edited:
Rope, Aspen is what we call Popple around here I believe. Basswood and Boxelder are still called Basswood and Boxelder. All sh1tty trees in my opinion. I like to call them big weeds, though they are excellent to learn to climb on. Good spike penetration and hinging, makes em good practice for beginners. Tear em up and no one cares.

Gotta go back father for the beginning and in Houston Tx
climbing all types Giant southern magnolia, chinna berry,
mimosa, hackbury, Ash, osage,locust, shag bark etc.
I was sorts of a wanderer in them days moved quite a few places but have been here last fifteen years!

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to try harder to post long incoherent ramblings like you :monkey:

I don't reccomend it; for one it will go against your perfect bore standards and two- I don't think you could do anymore than agree with anybody who was pulling a bandwagon. Cheers!
Incoherent? No you just can't read( or don't want to) Stop trolling me

Last edited:
I am sorry I just saw a bunch of other people yammering away so i joined in. As far as long post, hijacking threads, or changing topics: well one thing leads to another. I don't always get what others say and fing some stuff inchoherent myself.
I actually think I am quite funny, most other do to. Some people just don't get it like the UPS truck driver I was trying to yank out of his seat this morning. I would of had him out too if he hadn't put on his seat belt real quick. I guess he didn't want to play either but at any rate I am usually lol-ing my freaking ass off.
So OTG: where you a good boy today and do everything just like they told you? You need to learn how to break out buddy, you remind me of one of those pretentious frat boys in the movies. I hope I am wrong.

Don't worry T-man, I get you. You are a funny b1tch too! It took me a while, since it's hard to hear the tone of your voice over the rambling, but I am on to your jokes now.:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah dan +1, you sure are a "funny b1tch". lol.:)

More proof that you got here on the back of someone elses wagon. Imagine, if you will, me on your job. A guy like you would have no choice but to put up with me. I guess I get out of hand a good bit but whatever you might have picked up on in my ramblings was pretty dead on. Hmmm?
Now on the other hand I would most likely keep cool around Nails' dad as I wouldn't want to have a boot up my ass.
Do you really hate to prune a tree? Oh, you just like the easy stuff.

Don't worry T-man, I get you. You are a funny b1tch too! It took me a while, since it's hard to hear the tone of your voice over the rambling, but I am on to your jokes now.:cheers:

Well I guess I am joking, even if it ain't funny. Any way you look at it I don't recall being to many b1tches and thanks for reading my ranting.
One thing is probably true and I don't know if its good or bad but by the time you had one thought I have had 16. Oh yeah that must be obvious. ( ' you' in the above sentence refers to y'all)
The thing I like most about this work is that its everything and sometimes all at once.

Last edited:
More proof that you got here on the back of someone elses wagon. Imagine, if you will, me on your job. A guy like you would have no choice but to put up with me. I guess I get out of hand a good bit but whatever you might have picked up on in my ramblings was pretty dead on. Hmmm?
Now on the other hand I would most likely keep cool around Nails' dad as I wouldn't want to have a boot up my ass.
Do you really hate to prune a tree? Oh, you just like the easy stuff.

Witout bragging dan, (and I know yer gonna think I am) I just got a Pin Oak takedown for 3500$, now thats "my type of job" if you will. just one task to focus on, get it down, get rid of it, and get paid.

13 hr day in yesterday and 4 this morning. 2 climbers on the job with 2 ground guys. lotsa cottonwood. 4 loads of chips and 3 loads of wood too big for the bc1800xl. nice little tip from the homeowner too.

we went south to where the trees were a little bigger. nice to finally get into some bigger wood.

speaking of good rope guys, i kicked the boss off the rope when the other guy was climbing. lol. i saw him hang up a couple easy pieces so i nudged him out the way. it was fun. we were hanging the smaller trees and setting the winch to make it easier. tops were flying, man. good times no doubt.

but to be honest with you, i made a cut i didnt want to but got outranked by the boss. big top went astray and roughed up the shed a little. nothing major but stung the pride. i shouldve just hung the two little tops of the big top like i wanted to but he want us in the other tree already. he says " i thought she'd come over fine" lol

other than that it was all good. the wallet will be thicker come payday.

Seward is a tiny town right on the water, the port is bigger than the town. all you fisherman wouldve had big wood for some of the creeks and rivers we drove by on the way down. i even wanted to get the line wet, and fishing doesnt really do it for me.

got some nice pics too.

oh and i saw a couple grizzle! a sow and a yearling. treetom, pics just for you bud!

hey nails, your bud chaz sounds like a real good dude! lol

Runnin on the edge huh, OD. I hate that when the boss on the ground outranks ya and then sh1t goes south from there. It is pretty hard to chew out your boss for making a bad call. It is the common tree man's paradox, view from the tree vs. view from the ground. If my gut tells me strongly, I still do it my way. All of the uncertanties and risks is what makes treework fun, no guts no glory. Fishing don't do it for me either for the record. I don't mind catching bottle bass though.

I am usually the one pushing to take the whole top and the old man wants to take it is pieces. Better to er on the safe side.

Chaz is a great guy, and good lookin too. lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back