Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a few from one of your job sites, or a big-ass moose.

i just bought my camera saturday night treetom.

i promise that by monday after my work day i will have a few pics of chips flying and me in a tree and chippers eating. and a few of the dudes i work with. and moose too! i saw one walking down 7th ave the other day (downtown)

i promise good pics. mountains in the background and all that.

A lot of times you see mexican crews tossing in trees around here like Mikey D's sell burgers. about 3 inches under what they call topsoil is rock and clay, not a good place for a tree with a wire basket on it. I hog out that clay, bring in good soil and cut the wire off. Its not the volume I get paid for, but I do make out pretty well, so do my plantings. You had better do it right cause if I find out you didn't i will put you over my knee.

Sorry dan I totally missed that one. I was told to leave that the wire and burlap alone or I would kill it! Admittedly this is not my specialty but I allways try to do things right!! Somebody tell me the right way and whats the deal with the basket please, I thought it just rots and just to cut the rope aruond the top so it doesnt girdle. I know not too deep and all that about two times the root ball sized hole, but am confused here-to many years cutting em down perhaps- oh and the occaisional prune too, lol. And no I dont know what you like about me dan, but I'mm sure you have a good one fer me, lol. Oldirty, it sounds like it yer making the best of it up there-I mean how much cooler can you do those trees? short of getting the big brother to Allmark and Mike Poor's cranes there, I think its like 165' reach nucklebooom crane,(forget the tonage) do the whole nieborhood in one setup. It would kind of be like emptying those garbadge cans with the fork thing the garbadge trucks have though, probably pretty boring after awhile, just feeding em in the chipper with the winch.

short of getting the big brother to Allmark and Mike Poor's cranes there, I think its like 165' reach nucklebooom crane,(forget the tonage) do the whole nieborhood in one setup. It would kind of be like emptying those garbadge cans with the fork thing the garbadge trucks have though, probably pretty boring after awhile, just feeding em in the chipper with the winch.

do a search for proper planting technique here on this site. definitely want to plant them right or you'll be chipping them up in a yr or 2.

in regards to the cranes you speak of it would be over kill.

and yes it does get alittle boring doing the saem trees the same way day in day out. there are only like 5-6 different species up here.

do a search for proper planting technique here on this site. definitely want to plant them right or you'll be chipping them up in a yr or 2.

in regards to the cranes you speak of it would be over kill.

and yes it does get alittle boring doing the saem trees the same way day in day out. there are only like 5-6 different species up here.

As far as the planting, yeah I was planning to, and with the crane I wonder if you could make up for the overkill on volume? Is there alot of work like that or not?? curious thats all.

easier than typing it all out.

no drinky for this fella. cant. ive made it too far along to go back to just "one" drink. never mind blacking out and trying to mount a moose.

there is a couple moose that hang out in my yard. i'll see if i cant get a pic of the size of them and why i am not going to chase one, let alone ride one to the yukon ass naked.

well speaking of ass naked, my 2 year old daughter keeps climbing up on the desk to turn up the speakers- all the way!
what she keeps blasting is a Police tune, goes like:
afternoon has simply past me by
evening spreads itself across the sky
waiting for tommorow, just another day, just like yesterday
goodbye
Bring on the night, I couldn't stand another hour of daylight.

What is it like up there with the lights on all the time ol-d?

Sorry dan I totally missed that one. I was told to leave that the wire and burlap alone or I would kill it! Admittedly this is not my specialty but I allways try to do things right!! Somebody tell me the right way and whats the deal with the basket please, I thought it just rots and just to cut the rope aruond the top so it doesnt girdle. I know not too deep and all that about two times the root ball sized hole, but am confused here-to many years cutting em down perhaps- oh and the occaisional prune too, lol. And no I dont know what you like about me dan, but I'mm sure you have a good one fer me, lol. Oldirty, it sounds like it yer making the best of it up there-I mean how much cooler can you do those trees? short of getting the big brother to Allmark and Mike Poor's cranes there, I think its like 165' reach nucklebooom crane,(forget the tonage) do the whole nieborhood in one setup. It would kind of be like emptying those garbadge cans with the fork thing the garbadge trucks have though, probably pretty boring after awhile, just feeding em in the chipper with the winch.

The guy who sells me stock tells me to leave the basket alone. If I believed what everbody told me I would be you Mds. Personal choice is what makes me remove the basket and the burlap and spread out the roots all nice and gentle, like I was powdering my babies bottom. Clay is no place for a child to live. Hell anybody can drill a hole and plug it up.

The guy who sells me stock tells me to leave the basket alone. If I believed what everbody told me I would be you Mds. Personal choice is what makes me remove the basket and the burlap and spread out the roots all nice and gentle, like I was powdering my babies bottom. Clay is no place for a child to live. Hell anybody can drill a hole and plug it up.

I also always remove the baskets and prep the roots.

What is it like up there with the lights on all the time ol-d?

this is a tough one. i get home at like 7 and i am tired. but the sun tells my body its only 4. but i am tired. anyway it seems i cant get to bed until its dark out. 12 am now. so yes i am losing sleep everyday.

and he's right about the planting MDS. take the wires out and as much of the burlap as possible. and give them little roots a chance to spread out.

Keep the pics coming JC!

I only skimmed the last few pages but it seems someone here thinks you're handsome and wants you to get pics of yourself nakid on a moose.......what has become of this thread?:dizzy:

Keep the pics coming JC!

I only skimmed the last few pages but it seems someone here thinks you're handsome and wants you to get pics of yourself nakid on a moose.......what has become of this thread?:dizzy:

LOL, you caught that to huh!!

Keep the pics coming JC!

Now we are getting somewhere! YEEFNHAA! and GIDDYUP! Trust me, if I had the chance to ride a moose in my birthday suit I would cancell all my appointments and hop on! Beats working for a living.
stop skimming and keep up.

LOL

what up dude?

You are.
How long are you planning to stay? It was like one day you are all happy up there in New England then all the sudden this. You were talking about buying a truck and about your job and now what?
What are your thoughts so far?
And F$#@ those fags who can't take a joke. I lived with my girlfriends hairdresser, didn't bother me at all. Didn't go to the gay bar with him but it was no big deal. Just rented a room.

You are.
How long are you planning to stay? It was like one day you are all happy up there in New England then all the sudden this. You were talking about buying a truck and about your job and now what?
What are your thoughts so far?
And F$#@ those fags who can't take a joke. I lived with my girlfriends hairdresser, didn't bother me at all. Didn't go to the gay bar with him but it was no big deal. Just rented a room.

i bought my truck last year tman.

for years i wanted to head west. just to see it. my thoughts so far? the tree's are a walk in the park. and the sun shines.....all day.

i was happy at my old job, but i wasnt getting the proper monetary respect. so why not go look around the country. the problem now (which i did not forsee being a problem) was leaving the ol lady back home.

sooooo tman. you tell me. whats up?

Same ****. Sox and C's won today! Three day weekend coming up, I'm heading to the Cape for the Striper action:)

seems like some people 'round here are drunk typin', no?

nice the stripers are running now arent they?

if you are refering to treemandan i dont think so. just an ornery fella. lol

nice the stripers are running now arent they?

Bigtime. Got kicked out of the Chuck by the Environmental Police at midnight last night. Seems they had an issue with my choice of beverage:cheers:

They couldn't do anything about it though, they called the local cops as we were pulling away........:hmm3grin2orange:

Back