Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Durn is he a midget I had to squent hard to see the little fellow
get him up trees lol that will speed junior up!

thats what he's on the crew for rope. he wants to learn to climb, claims his ol man runs a bucket back home. i told him this morning if he wants to learn anything from me he's gotta show me on the ground first.

i guess i should ask if he wants on the other crew tom'w. b team if you will.

Tall Trees? Do they drug test? No, just kidding, it seemed like a fun thing to say, and it was... for me.
But HOLD THE F ON! NO WAY! Really? Tall trees. Oh, you are so on oldirty, Wow! I didn't know much about the curcumstances of your tour this year cause , well, you didn't really fill me in.
You know they are in the new Sherrill Catalouge? Oh, LAUGHING OUT LOUD, but not jokingly but still I am on the floor.
Funny story to follow but for a guy who don't get out much, like me, I think that is somewhat awesome!
Now for that story, a few things actually: The first is that the picture of Tall Trees is in this Sherill Catalouge and its taking up a full page. Personally, I think the picture is nice but it could say more and perhaps they could have chosen another shot of something diferent. get the catalouge and see. It was nice and did say some things though.
So the story is that I am so fed up with all the mail I keep a bin out there under the box and just empty it into the bin.There is so damn much of it! The Sherril Cat. is nice it is not just a Cat., its and education ( for some, and get professional training before you try any of these death defying feats - there I go laughing again)
So! I take this new 08 Sherrill Catalouge, the one with the full page picture of Tall Trees( and ol-d ?) into the can to 'browse it out" and when I have had enough I toss it onto the back of the tawlet where there is a pretty hefty stack allready and well, I guess that was the straw cause now the tank shifted and the o- ring ? She's a leaking, I had to shut her down.
Wish I had time for some pictures on my jobs but I have got to do something about that. I had to be up at five to beat the rain on a 5 year DEAD white oak smack over a very expensive roof. I was able to swing the one limb that was right over the roof into the poplar I had left at 70 feet high. Thing is the idiots on the ground let them swing over the 4 illegells( I am sorry 12) buliding THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA in this jackassed HO's Multi- million dollar garden. I got where I needed to get and did what I needed to to to send this ##### out. I went big, I really, really did. Maybe 10 shots plus the one I lowered myself. Like a dream.

When I was in the tree I looked into the window at the peak of the roof, there was a big comfy chair, it was placed looking out the window at this big 5 year dead white oak, for 5 years. I was in there by six , two nice shots with my sack, waited for the crew to show up at 7. By 10 I was talking #### with the groundies about what a great job they did of scareing the crap out the the mexican masons and missing the dawn redwoods which they JUST planted along with the new landscape beds. They were filled with horse manure and you could of got a bucket truck in there but it was so wet ALL the time. I told them to dig a swail and let it drain while but homeowners were in a rush to get it down.
I love they look at me I really do, the money is OK. Actually I hammered the boss for this one which in turn had to hammer the owner of such a specimen tree as this white oak , dbh of 5 feet and 80 feet tall , as long as I wasn't get hammered I didn't care at this point. Watzit tuesday? We didn't beat the rain.

Last edited:
I know you don't like acronyms tmd but, wtf are you talking about? This isn't the thread for unintelligable rambling, its the oldirty thread. Start your own g-d babble thread if you must:)

OLDIRTY! your face, and I have seen the picture, belongs on the cover of Rolling Stone! At least Arbor Age Magazine.
Allright enough, I am going to go roll a stone of my own and fix my toilet. That's toilet. I love your work.

I know you don't like acronyms tmd but, wtf are you talking about? This isn't the thread for unintelligable rambling, its the oldirty thread. Start your own g-d babble thread if you must:)

X2!! TMD-It seems half the stuff you write here makes no dam sense and then the other half is ok. Perhaps slow down a bit and concentrate on what you are trying to say so others have a clue what you are talking about.

P.S. no one wants to here about your toilet leaking!!

Last edited:
i thank you fellas, alot.

as promised a couple pics. nothing of me in a tree because i was too busy but still a couple.

the boys getting out of their trucks.

my crew

the view

Looks like they got some nice equipment, I always liked the 1800's with the winch.

didnt think you were the type to snub those with a badge. good for you.

you been getting your rec climbn on? or staying busy with your day job?

Lol, we need to hang more when you get back. You have no idea.....

rec climbing some, work climbing waaaay more.

Keep those pics coming!

Oh. Last thing on my mind was to overstep on somebodies thread AND I find it hard to believe that a guy like you ( I know right now you are saying" what's he mean ' a guy like me'?" I mean a tree guy) could not find one thing relateable in what I said to what has been posted in this thread AND its not unintelligble, in fact, its pretty close to half decent grammer. Still it is rambling, so if you don't want to read it then don't BUT MDS is right ; I am lol-ing and then some too as it was kinda of the point. You got woodchips in your shorts or something?
I do take things seriously and my humor is a twinge sicker than most. But usually what I ask non-beleivers is this: I'm a wrong, really? Most of what I said in that last post had to do with my realization of Oldirty trucking off to Alaska to work with some company honored to be in print like that. The other was just a funny story I just had to share. Peace to all.

Tmd

TMD just stop...enough of your bull####..no wonder this thread is 17 pages...10 of them are of your nonsense..Nobody wants to hear you spouting off about nothing

TMD just stop...enough of your bull####..no wonder this thread is 17 pages...10 of them are of your nonsense..Nobody wants to hear you spouting off about nothing

One of the reasons that Oldirty had stated for making his move was " disrespect monetarily". Something I can relate to rather well I guess.
Now if you noticed in my ramblings of me making the " boss" kick up extra funds for a crazy hazzard tree removal that some dill-doe watched die from his lazy boy that is because I put it in there on purpose.
I surely don't intend to brag to you all about how much I make to try to impress anybody with it, at all! But I do empathize with guys like Oldirty who might just be worried that his hard work( no, balls ass hard work) like mine is being shortcut. Surely that is no joke. I said you never have enough money no matter what, I didn't say that you should stand for disrespect.
If you still think it is nothing I have a 2000 dollar poplar over a house and wires, I want it down in 3 hours and I'll pay you 25 an hour to do it. That is sarcasm of course.
Read my last 'crazy' post again, there is a lot more than meets the eye. To be honest I am not trolling but I am profiling. Aren't you?
I just wish I had time to take pictures of it, that would be sure to get everyone lol-ing and pissing their pants to boot. The climbing I charge for, the smart ass you get for free.

Last edited:
olD, you got it made kid. i think the trip is a good thing, you will be back home with a good future and one hellofan experience:)

Then I guess you would not be inertested in the book I am trying to write. The working title is ' How to be a Tree Climber, make money, and succeed'.
But really its just filled with more nonsense. Ol-d running late? I have been up since five... tell him I am sorry, didn't mean to bogart his thread.

Back