Olympyk 962 Hard to Pull Over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recently got a Olympyk 962 chainsaw and boy is it hard to pull over.

It doesn't have a decompression valve as it is an early model (1997). Fortunately it doesn't take many revolutions for it to catch and fire up. It runs fantastic with a surprising amount of power for it's size.

I checked the compression and it is at 210 PSI. I checked for carbon buildup on the piston head and it is pretty clean. The starter is clean and doesn't seem to have any excessive wear or binding. The rope does bind in the pulley sometimes when pulling it over but it doesn't look like it's abnormally worn or stretched.

It just acts like it has a lot of compression and needs a decompression valve but there isn't a provision on the cylinder for it.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there were any suggestions to make it pull over a little easier other clamping it into a vise and pulling it over.:D

Just checked and it does have a base gasket. The whole saw looks original and untouched as far as signs of tinkering.

Found this on another site.....

well fellas we ll just have to disaggree.. i find absolutly no cheapness in my 962..wish it had a decompression ,,but thats no real problem..have these saws changed,, as mine is several yrs old..i find nothing cheaply made.. of course my 962 does not have the primer bulb mentioned. but ive got 3-4 yr old equipment with primer bulbs. still doing fine

seems your not the only one finding it hard to pull....

210 psi is a lot of compression....it's gotta be hard to pull. My little 5000 plus has 170 and it will hurt your shoulder, and it's only 50cc's.

Latest posts

Back