On Murphs prune job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On a scale of one to five...

• Perfect, just what I would have done

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not bad, good run of the mill pruning

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • I don't think I would have doen it, but it's not real excessive

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A little on the hard side, could stress the tree and cause sprouting next year

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • ARRRG, its almost a gut job, how could you do that to a tree!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I can't tell how much of the stuff he removed was dead.
Red Oaks around here often have that much dead stuff in them, but if the stuff he cleaned out was alive then I say it's too much.

I will stay that embedding a 4 mega pixel photo into a post is too much though!
Learn how to hyperlink already.

Mike has a good point. I've cleaned out many trees that ended up looking like Daniel's tree and probably didn't take out more than a garbage can or two of green growth. As I stated on the other thread, I cannot judge because I'm not used to seeing trees without leaves on them. Oaks keep their leaves year around here, the new spring growth pushes off the old leaves.

I also agree heartily with Mikes second point! When you post a pic, it's super easy to just click the button to attach it rather than typing in all the HTML to have it displayed in the thread, and it's a lot easier for those of us on dial-up. Never mind monitor screen settings when it throws the whole thread out of whack.

I just did it to here you kvetch Brian:D

I dont type it in, just cut & paste. I might tipe in the but that aint no big task. Just gotta make sure I type it right.

here is the before pic

[url]http://www.ArboristSite.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=59983[/url]

Prune job

Dan, it looks fairly good to me. Pics are never the same as seeing the tree in person, but from what I see I would have done the same

Latest posts

Back