Woods trailer 2.0

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the extra long cold a$$ winter, the 2.0 has gotten some work done.

IMAG10981.jpg

I took this picture mid loading, then piled on another foot of wood only to find out I'd exceeded my available traction due to the wet soil (a bit north of 1/3 cord). So I dumped a dozen logs and still had to winch through some flat areas. All the rain we've had saturated my high ground something awful. It'll probably be July by the time it dries out.

Trailer runs down the freeway like a champ, and works great in the thick brush just as I planned.

You have great skills and much better tools than I do! I've never learned to weld and work with metal but its something I really NEED to learn. I respect the knowledge people like you have. Keep up the good work!

it's more like a soggy sponge where I am at. maybe next week it might be like a cracked up sponge? wheeler is the only way to get anything out in these woods jim! you are so right smaller loads sure beats loading and then unloading in the middle of a soft spot.... lol

Oh, it's plain old gooey in my place. I was making progress with the load, but at the cost of ruts everywhere I went. Then I'd hit a bump or dip and forward momentum was gone. So I'd hook up the winch and pull till there wasn't any more rutting and do the whole thing over again. I got the two loads out, trail connected, and called it a day. Came back later with the brush blade weed whacker and cleaned it up a bit. I still need to remove some trees to widen it up a bit in a couple spots, but the two trails meet and are passable!

Latest posts

Back